Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Subscribe
168  568  618  658  664  665  666  667  668  669  670  671  672  678 
Page 668 of 697
Go to
Quote: Is the number taking the $70K and bouncing 0? Because it should be.

Had an AA jumpseater the other day who, when told how many of our (PSA) pilots were going to United, said "yeah, why wouldn't they wanna go somewhere with a good contract?"
One of Envoy legends took the 70k and left for United before he even started sims. He flowed with a CJO from United in hand.
Quote: One of Envoy legends took the 70k and left for United before he even started sims. He flowed with a CJO from United in hand.
There's been several PSA pilots do the same, absolute legends. The flow to United/Delta from the WOs is pretty sweet 😎
Quote: It’s going to ge to the point where we just continue to shrink in size
Don't be surprised if there's a mass exodus when people realize they're moving backwards in relative seniority because the FOs are getting offers and the only people staying are those that intend to flow.
Quote: JK is writing the AQP manual for the flight attendants for the last several years since JF took over training and saw on day one what who he was... Man that guy destroyed so many good people at pdt..

AW still there.. Tech Ops...
Jay I get but Is Andy afraid to flow, or not allowed to? Ha
Quote: Jay I get but Is Andy afraid to flow, or not allowed to? Ha
AW is in sunset years.. no reason to flow . And lives a good life... People in their later career don't want to sit reserve.. commute.. they are comfortable where they are and by going to big Piedmont may be a step back in QOL.
Quote: Don't be surprised if there's a mass exodus when people realize they're moving backwards in relative seniority because the FOs are getting offers and the only people staying are those that intend to flow.
Anyone know how many “upgradeable” FOs are left in the cue before we hit the COVID hole of pilots with less than 1000 hours?
Quote: Anyone know how many “upgradeable” FOs are left in the cue before we hit the COVID hole of pilots with less than 1000 hours?

Not sure about that. However I think the bigger issue is they will not be able to pull FOs from the line for 4-5 months of training to upgrade because there is a massive FO shortage and they need them in the right seat.

For example, the recent email soliciting CLT FOs to TDY to PHL for April. Also, there are current FOs in upgrade training with some time off between completing ground school that were allowed to go back to the line and fly as FOs for 300% pay while they wait for sim training - still not sure how that is legal since I always thought you were de-qualified as an FO when you started upgrade training but of course PDT finds a loophole and way around it.

So yeah between the FO issue and all the CAs leaving. PDT is in trouble.
Quote: Not sure about that. However I think the bigger issue is they will not be able to pull FOs from the line for 4-5 months of training to upgrade because there is a massive FO shortage and they need them in the right seat.

For example, the recent email soliciting CLT FOs to TDY to PHL for April. Also, there are current FOs in upgrade training with some time off between completing ground school that were allowed to go back to the line and fly as FOs for 300% pay while they wait for sim training - still not sure how that is legal since I always thought you were de-qualified as an FO when you started upgrade training but of course PDT finds a loophole and way around it.

So yeah between the FO issue and all the CAs leaving. PDT is in trouble.
Utoh... I know FEDS came down hard in 2018 when that was going on.. it's not legal.. don't risk your ticket..
Again folks just want to reiterate to anyone that is thinking of coming to piedmont. If this is the ONLY regional you can get on with then fine, But if you have choices please do yourself the favor and don’t come here. Save the heartache. This place is a disaster and Getting worse by the day. Please please please just go to PSA where you will have some better QOL.
Quote: Anyone know how many “upgradeable” FOs are left in the cue before we hit the COVID hole of pilots with less than 1000 hours?
The number thrown around recently was something like 23…
168  568  618  658  664  665  666  667  668  669  670  671  672  678 
Page 668 of 697
Go to