PSA Pay and Benefits

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22 
Page 22 of 22
Go to
Quote: Say what you will about the Union's negotiating skills, but the company can read too. They're blatantly advertising something that isn't true, and something that they'll most likely never have to pay out on with the Senior Manning deal that's in place.
Honestly I'm surprised they haven't raised the retention bonus to a four year payout of $40,000 divided by quarters. It's all just window dressing to get new hires in the door.

I mean it's unscrupulous, but the wording says it's an fo bonus that goes away when you upgrade. The fact that you'll be forced to upgrade isn't mentioned so it's irrelevant.

Recruiters don't lie, they just play up the parts they want you to see while not mentioning the details that would spoil the lovely picture they're painting.
Quote: Honestly I'm surprised they haven't raised the retention bonus to a four year payout of $40,000 divided by quarters. It's all just window dressing to get new hires in the door.

I mean it's unscrupulous, but the wording says it's an fo bonus that goes away when you upgrade. The fact that you'll be forced to upgrade isn't mentioned so it's irrelevant.

Recruiters don't lie, they just play up the parts they want you to see while not mentioning the details that would spoil the lovely picture they're painting.
Because the retention bonus is contractual, they can't play with that number. What they could do is raise the new hire and/or the quick upgrade bonus, because ALPA just lets them get away with that.

To your second point, there's no mention of forced upgrade on the hiring site, just (and I quote) "$20,000 bonus on your one-year anniversary" right above the face of the American Airlines president.

And to be clear, I'm not accusing recruiters of lying, but I think whoever is signing off on the information put on the company hiring page is being intentionally misleading.
I have a question regarding the Holiday Pay agreement. I understand you have to fly the same number and subset of days to be complaint with the language during the holiday period otherwise it is forfeited. My question is, if I picked up an opentime trip from “TB” trade board will I be owed holiday pay still? I understand in the non holiday period this would not get me SDO pay override however in the language of the holiday agreement it seems as if you pick up flying time/duty days as long as they meet the minimum number scheduled during the period and the subset of originally scheduled footprint of the calendar days then you’re ok. I want to pick up a trip but it is off the trade board and I’m not doing it without holiday pay.

Thanks.
Quote: I have a question regarding the Holiday Pay agreement. I understand you have to fly the same number and subset of days to be complaint with the language during the holiday period otherwise it is forfeited. My question is, if I picked up an opentime trip from “TB” trade board will I be owed holiday pay still? I understand in the non holiday period this would not get me SDO pay override however in the language of the holiday agreement it seems as if you pick up flying time/duty days as long as they meet the minimum number scheduled during the period and the subset of originally scheduled footprint of the calendar days then you’re ok. I want to pick up a trip but it is off the trade board and I’m not doing it without holiday pay.

Thanks.
No it’s not anything extra, no holiday pay
I was just looking at the pay stub for January (not doculivery just the whole time stub and pay/sick)... I noticed on my overages there is also a “pay for period” line item, what is this?
pay at ATP CTP
Hi,

I'm scheduled for my ATP CTP soon, does PSA pay us for the time in CTP or we start getting paid in Dayton?

Thanks.
Quote: Hi,

I'm scheduled for my ATP CTP soon, does PSA pay us for the time in CTP or we start getting paid in Dayton?

Thanks.
You're not on the payroll until day 1 of Indoc
12  18  19  20  21  22 
Page 22 of 22
Go to