New Hire questions for the current crews

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to
Quote: Sports bar in the hotel gives a discount too. The Irish place next door was pretty sweet. Leg lamp lounge up the street was the go to place for our class. There's like 25 bars and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk and a college campus. Hidden gem is up by the school. Dr Jenkyls? Something like that up the street, bathroom has a bunch of penthouse cutouts in it. Also have your intructorr tell you guys the story about the class that sunk a pontoon boat
Well now this has me interested.
Im assuming that is 1st year captain pay right??
Quote: Sports bar in the hotel gives a discount too. The Irish place next door was pretty sweet. Leg lamp lounge up the street was the go to place for our class. There's like 25 bars and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk and a college campus. Hidden gem is up by the school. Dr Jenkyls? Something like that up the street, bathroom has a bunch of penthouse cutouts in it. Also have your intructorr tell you guys the story about the class that sunk a pontoon boat
None of the instructors there now really know the story about the boat...Or is it very useful anymore. It happened a long time ago in a different era. Usually the Chief Instructor will wrap that story in about two sentences during his professionalism presentation ending with: You are here to learn and ATW is a small town so don't get noticed.
Quote: Excluding bonuses, my gross has been $5300 last month with 11 days off and $4150 the previous (IOE) with 14 days off. I haven't been working as much as I want to.
So far my YTD is 30.5k and If I can keep getting some open time a few days a month I'm looking at about 75k year 1.
I'm not on the brand new higher bonus deal, I'm on the previous 33k bonus over 3 years.
I am obviously not including the medical and dental side which is $500/mo on their side since it's not gross pay so their compensation pdf posted on the airwis website is pretty accurate I guess.
EDIT: From what I read the 26k is the new IOE bonus, I'd assume it's going to be in one paycheck, but you'd be better off asking someone from HR or Training Department.
Im assuming that is 1st year captain pay right? How about F/O?
Logged Time
Little help here if you guys don,t mind.

The story goes like this.

Already have the minimums for ME, IFR,night and Cross country.

TT: 1406 as of now.

Can I count towards TT the following :

-Did EMB-500 at CAE DFW that was 9 SIM sessions= 18Hrs.
-Need to complete CPT , I saw on different threads that you can count 25Hrs out that as well? True false ?

This will take me to TT: 1449 Only 51 hours short?
Quote: Im assuming that is 1st year captain pay right? How about F/O?
We don't that street captain bull****. He meant FO.

As far as your times go, I can't help you there but if you apply and are offered the position you'll have a year to get your times to the required minimums
Anybody know of any Quizlet for the study guide?
Current & Future Crew Domiciles?
Not sure if this question has been asked recently?
With the new United Express contract, a focus on growth of MidWest routes and additions of IAD and ORD as new crew bases.
Do you foresee any existing crew bases being closed in the future?
PHL and DCA are closing for sure. ORF might stay but they haven't said anything about that yet. Just ORD and IAD for right now.
Quote: PHL and DCA are closing for sure. ORF might stay but they haven't said anything about that yet. Just ORD and IAD for right now.
Then I'm kinda glad I got out. I was in DCA the entire time I was at AWAC; LOVED DCA. It's probably better I leave with that memory intact before soiling it with IAD.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to