Air Wisconsin the best regional with pay

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
There is no time commitment. I think what hes alluding to is how long youd need to stay with the company to collect the entire bonus. However theres nothing stopping anyone from leaving earlier and no you wont have to pay back any bonuses youve already received.
Quote: There is no time commitment. I think what hes alluding to is how long youd need to stay with the company to collect the entire bonus. However theres nothing stopping anyone from leaving earlier and no you wont have to pay back any bonuses youve already received.
Simple way to end the confusion: Contact the company and ask directly.
I interviewed last week and the Recruiter explained that it is a prorated repayment if you leave in less than 24 months from start of class. This was my third regional interview and all had some type of repayment for their sign on bonus program.
For those in training now what should a new hire expect? I will be joining up in June!
Quote: I interviewed last week and the Recruiter explained that it is a prorated repayment if you leave in less than 24 months from start of class. This was my third regional interview and all had some type of repayment for their sign on bonus program.

For those in training now what should a new hire expect? I will be joining up in June!
Did you get offers on the other two interviews and chose AW? Or are they the only ones that offered? Also, did any of the others ask if you interviewed anywhere else?
So, I just got a look at the bonus agreement...

If you leave (fired) at/before the 1 year you pay back all of it ($5k + 26IOE and $8k type if you qualified)

If you leave (fired) before end of 13th month you pay back all (all above plus the $10k at yr 1).

If you leave prior to end of 24 months they want you to repay roughly $3400 for each month shy of 24 (plus some if you got the type rating bonus).
So if one were to get hired by a major and leave (not fired) at 12 months they would payback $40800 ($3400 x 12 months) or just what you have been given? Does it mention if the recoupment is pre or post tax?
Quote: So if one were to get hired by a major and leave (not fired) at 12 months they would payback $40800 ($3400 x 12 months) or just what you have been given? Does it mention if the recoupment is pre or post tax?
If my reading is correct:
At 12 months, if you leave OR are fired, you must repay what bonuses you were paid to date.
You will owe the pre-tax amount.
Quote: So, I just got a look at the bonus agreement...

If you leave (fired) at/before the 1 year you pay back all of it ($5k + 26IOE and $8k type if you qualified)

If you leave (fired) before end of 13th month you pay back all (all above plus the $10k at yr 1).

If you leave prior to end of 24 months they want you to repay roughly $3400 for each month shy of 24 (plus some if you got the type rating bonus).
That is my understanding as well.
Quote: If my reading is correct:
At 12 months, if you leave OR are fired, you must repay what bonuses you were paid to date.
You will owe the pre-tax amount.
Ok. Thanks. So no pro-rating until month 13 and then it is at $3400/mo.
Quote: So, I just got a look at the bonus agreement...

No such thing as free money!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to