Horizon cutting flights due to pilot shortage

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to
Quote: The new found optimism is what all new management teams bring with them. Its management spin. Youre right, not a lot of new faces, but the key positions including VP of Flight Ops, Chief Pilot, and Director of Training are all fresh blood (From Alaska). It still rubs me the wrong way that a couple of them still hold a seniority number at Alaska, but whatever. I hope they bring more to the table than the previous lackeys.
You are not getting any bright bulbs from Alaska....If you all are buying into their spin, good luck. You are going to be bent over....Period
Quote: You are not getting any bright bulbs from Alaska....If you all are buying into their spin, good luck. You are going to be bent over....Period
I don't think anybody think we just received the messiah. We are just happy their not functional morons and that AAG is finally sending in somebody other than the water boys for the J.V. team.
Its enough to make a man go fly cargo...

Quote: I don't think anybody think we just received the messiah. We are just happy their not functional morons and that AAG is finally sending in somebody other than the water boys for the J.V. team.
Quote: Its enough to make a man go fly cargo...
Nah this gig is way better than box haulin'!
Quote: It’s 120 questions. Part FOM (you are given a word document on the computer that has the FOM in it), part memory items, and systems.

I think most guys are getting around 5 questions wrong, you can miss 20 lol. Nothing to worry about.

The only oral that still remains is AQP recurrent cycle, and those are usually pretty easy. We have materials to assist with studying for that too.

How long is the wait from ground school to the sims currently?
Quote: How long is the wait from ground school to the sims currently?
On the Q I finished ground at the end of September, had three weeks off, a week of vpt, then almost a month until sim after that.
Quote: How long is the wait from ground school to the sims currently?
Depends on what you call Ground School. Are you including the virtual procedures trainer? If so, then me and my FO waited three days.

The new head of training has streamlined training to get as many pilots to IOE as fast as possible.

Some people reported waiting as much as a few weeks as recently as last month, but this may be a blessing in disguise since if they were to catch an earlier slot it'd be either a 0200 show or a 2200 show (with a release of 0300).

QX is in the process of buying another E175 Sim and leasing more time in a E175 sim in STL.

Once FlightSafety SEA completes remodeling on sim bay #1, they will have another Q400 Sim running, for a total of 4.

I'd say that right now there's no reason to worry about a lengthy amount of time sitting idle at QX for initial training. We may be the one CPA carrier that needs people on the line so badly that we are literally doubling our instructor and check airman ranks (and increasing sim capacity by 50%)
Quote: Depends on what you call Ground School. Are you including the virtual procedures trainer? If so, then me and my FO waited three days.

The new head of training has streamlined training to get as many pilots to IOE as fast as possible.

Some people reported waiting as much as a few weeks as recently as last month, but this may be a blessing in disguise since if they were to catch an earlier slot it'd be either a 0200 show or a 2200 show (with a release of 0300).

QX is in the process of buying another E175 Sim and leasing more time in a E175 sim in STL.

Once FlightSafety SEA completes remodeling on sim bay #1, they will have another Q400 Sim running, for a total of 4.

I'd say that right now there's no reason to worry about a lengthy amount of time sitting idle at QX for initial training. We may be the one CPA carrier that needs people on the line so badly that we are literally doubling our instructor and check airman ranks (and increasing sim capacity by 50%)
My class must be stuck in the middle. Because a lot of us have had close to two months off during this training process so far.
Quote: My class must be stuck in the middle. Because a lot of us have had close to two months off during this training process so far.
I'm sorry to hear that. My experience, as is the experience I've cited above, are anecdotal and not inclusive of every experience. Yours is the first I've heard that has taken that long!

Are you scheduled for sim in Nov?
Quote: I'm sorry to hear that. My experience, as is the experience I've cited above, are anecdotal and not inclusive of every experience. Yours is the first I've heard that has taken that long!

Are you scheduled for sim in Nov?
No worries. I havent had this much time off since middle school and summer vacation. So I am taking advantage of it.

My sim is scheduled for Nov 26.
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to