Car rental discounts?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hello APC'ers ...

The family and I are headed on vacation next week and will need a rental car.

I'm sure that someone recently posted discount information but I can't seem to find it.

All assistance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MM

PS ... I just tried to book a reservation using my Costco benefits (sometimes very good car rental discounts) and it was VERY HIGH!

My best bet has always been Travelocity either several months or about 10 days before I needed it. Then check Hotwire after you get off the plane to check one more time. Almost always beats an "industry discount."
If you have USAA, they offer a great discount with various agencies.
Quote: If you have USAA, they offer a great discount with various agencies.
Although, at least with Hertz and Enterprise, Fedex discount is generally just as good.
*not at FedEx *
What beats any of my airline discounts or third party discount rental sites is to uber to an off-airport car rental place that allows you to drop-off back at the airport.

Last vacation we saved $50/day for a $20 uber ride.
Check multiple sources and shop around. The off-airport Uber idea is good but can be beaten.

Try the airline websites. Airline Tickets & Flights: Book Direct with Delta Air Lines - Official Site etc.etc.

I have rented cars through Delta and American's website (while not even flying on them) and the cars were dirt cheap.

Good luck.
Quote: If you have USAA, they offer a great discount with various agencies.
Just used USAA for my vacation. Rates are on par with booking elsewhere ( discounts vary for each company)....but USAA offers other perks such as no charge second driver, insurance up to different amounts for each company for free, and a few others I can not remember.

Used USAA credit card to book with and have auto ins through USAA. With all that I can skip all the additional coverages that they try to tack on. Only thing I think I am not covered for is loss of use of vehicle if I cause the accident. YMMV.
I've always found good rates at www.carrentals.com
Check out Turo.com

It's just like VRBO except people rent their cars. It's a great way to rent a nice car and save money.
Expedia has smoking deals if you can put up with small sized cars
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to