Corporate Pay to Fly and Manage

Subscribe
Question: I'm currently a lead pilot and manager for a single engine turbo-prop in Memphis. The owner is looking to upgrade to a light jet (CJ2+) and keep the TP. However, they also would like me to perform management/operational duties within the company, not associated with aviation, that I am qualified to perform. Essentially I can fulfill two positions. How do I negotiate my compensation package so that I'm not underselling myself but fair at the same time? Even if they don't upgrade and just keep the TP? Thanks!
Get your hands on a copy of the NBAA salary survey, go in armed with industry numbers for Chief Pilot / Department Manager for similar sized operation. Go into the discussion with a starting spot for your salary goal and some info / reasoning to back it up. Same for the non- aviation duties. If you're one person doing two jobs, I'd say you have some leverage regarding $$ for those jobs.
IMO:

Your job is managing and operating winged multi-million dollar assets for the company/owner - duties beyond the flight department is a slippery slope IMO.

If you *want* two jobs, be compensated accordingly. You won't get paid the sum of both positions, but by gawd negotiate for it!
I'm in the same position. We have a Tprop and a CJ3+ pm me if you have any questions.