Notices

Fedex Pilots proposed retirement plan

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 08:16 PM
"blue collar thug"!

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A proponent of...

Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Can we just refund this guy and those who think like him their dues and let those of us who understand what being apart of a union is make decisions for the collective?

This pilot group has far far too many folks in it who think this way.

It is why we cannot have nice things.
F n A!! ....
Old 11-13-2017, 02:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by iarapilot View Post
F n A!! ....
If we are kicking out yes voters eventually we will have a very small union. The good news can be head of R&I and Shaman can be NC. The bad news you will have to buy your own Corkies.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Fetal in the hub

Originally Posted by Fdxlag2 View Post
If we are kicking out yes voters eventually we will have a very small union. The good news can be head of R&I and Shaman can be NC. The bad news you will have to buy your own Corkies.
Here's a theory for the push to do this so urgently. by the time 2021 rolls around there will be a lot more new blood around here. Since the signing of the last contract 900 have arrived and with the number of departures expected to start at 200+/ mo in 2022, The composition of the crew force as well as their interests will be drastically different come negotiating time. So better to push this now while the #igotmine crowd still dominates and a large portion of the forementioned cannot vote.

Consider that if contract 2015 was delayed another 12 months another couple hundred people could have voted and the outcome might have been significantly different

FDXLAG respectfully, you've been getting abused too long if mediocre Memphis BBQ is a selling point for a contract. #fedexpimphandisstrong Also pretty sure it's Corky's

Last edited by Shaman; 11-13-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

You miss the point of Corkies. We, FDX MEC, bought $14000 worth for the last ALPA Vegas Soirée. I haven’t had any Corkies in 10 years myself, their breakfast burritos were top notch though.

I welcome all the new blood, they don’t scare me. It is the old blood that appears to want to trade in my retirement to help out the over 25 crowd.

You guys always want to make a business decision personal.

Last edited by Fdxlag2; 11-13-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Fdxlag2 View Post
I welcome all the new blood, they don’t scare me. It is the old blood that appears to want to trade in my retirement to help out the over 25 crowd.

You guys always want to make a business decision personal.
As you can see from my username, I’m newish to the company. I was hired by another major at the time I had the offer from FDX. The pension was one of many “pros” vs “cons” that had me decide FDX was a better choice.

I see the value in a larger B plan at this point in my career. But 130K ‘til ‘ya die is a heck of a lot of money.

With all that said, if our union has figured out a way to make this a better benefit—I’m all ears, no matter how skeptical my ears may be...I’ll listen.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 5millionaire View Post
As you can see from my username, I’m newish to the company. I was hired by another major at the time I had the offer from FDX. The pension was one of many “pros” vs “cons” that had me decide FDX was a better choice.

I see the value in a larger B plan at this point in my career. But 130K ‘til ‘ya die is a heck of a lot of money.

With all that said, if our union has figured out a way to make this a better benefit—I’m all ears, no matter how skeptical my ears may be...I’ll listen.
I think we should all be willing to listen. If someone had told me my pension would be 130 till I died 30 years ago I would have thought I could live like a Kennedy heir. I certainly am willing to listen, but when dealing with ALPA and the company, sometimes what you don’t hear is just as educational as what you do hear.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 777 FO

"I think we should all be willing to listen."

Not me, I've better things to do than listen to the hard sell they're so adept at; they make a used car dealer look lame. I've voted against every contract our union has sold us and will for this POS too. If I've learned anything from all the contracts we've passed since being hired in 2005, it's our union is in bed with the company and has been for a very long time.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

https://youtu.be/oPzqgKPzdFA