New hire proof of resignation

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
For those who have been in class recently, what (if any) kind of proof did you need to provide to show you have resigned from your previous job?

My company can be a bit eh, "slow" in processing this kind of thing.

Thanks
I didn't provide anything. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asked for and provided nothing to show I'd resigned
Nothing.

They will call references from previous flying employment, so be ready for that.
Quote: Nothing.

They will call references from previous flying employment, so be ready for that.

What do they ask them?
Thats for the initial background check/reference call?

Ive been offered a class date in August so I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I show up.

The company I work for at present can be a bit uncooperative when it comes to resignations.
Quote: Thats for the initial background check/reference call?

Ive been offered a class date in August so I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I show up.

The company I work for at present can be a bit uncooperative when it comes to resignations.
100% opinion to follow, as I don't start training until 1 August: Luckily, we live in America, where a company doesn't get a say in when you quit. I'd write out a resignation letter, and send it certified mail to the company's business address. Bring a copy of the letter and the mail receipt just in case SWA cares.

Not so easy to quit the federal government in America, which is why I don't start training until August...
Believe the only thing they can ask your current employer is the dates you were employed and if you're currently employed. Anything else beyond that requires your consent.
Quote: Believe the only thing they can ask your current employer is the dates you were employed and if you're currently employed. Anything else beyond that requires your consent.

They can also ask if you are eligible for re-hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: What do they ask them?
Basically just enough to verify the employment and whether or not you would be hired again.

Some people don't realize that they will call or feel that the call will jeopardize their current employment.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to