1st class medical after bypass surgery

Subscribe
what is the the timeline to recover your 1st class medical after bypass surgery? I know there is a 6 month wait to submit all paperwork and tests, but from there for the FAA to review your case what is the wait time?Do companies like aviation medical solutions accelerate getting the medical back?Of course this is assuming all results are normal under the FAA guidelines.
as a solo AME i do not think the 'companies' are any faster or better.
Quote: as a solo AME i do not think the 'companies' are any faster or better.
I think it depends on the dr.

My AME (retired) used to be the head of the Civil Aviation Medical Examiners board. He was wonderful!

I asked him once what the difference between an AME with a great rep and one who people avoided. He told he that it's mainly knowing the right terminology and tests the FAA wants. He said its almost a specialty. Give the FAA exactly what they want-with the right terms and format, and life is good. He did go on to say that not all Doctors bother to learn that stuff, and troubles can arise.
Quote: what is the the timeline to recover your 1st class medical after bypass surgery? I know there is a 6 month wait to submit all paperwork and tests, but from there for the FAA to review your case what is the wait time?Do companies like aviation medical solutions accelerate getting the medical back?Of course this is assuming all results are normal under the FAA guidelines.
YMMV... but a friend of mine had triple bypass late June 2016 and got him medical back in March of 2017. Might have been a month earlier had the FAA not "lost" some of his records that he submitted.