Southwest in 10-20 years

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
Quote: I am quite sure someone in 1987 said the same thing.
Probably..... I know I said it less than a decade later.
lol....got me there.
Exactly.... my father worked as ATC in 1969 and remembers when the 737 was first flown into his station (known affectionately by the controllers at the time as the FLUF: Fat Little Ugly Fer).

He retired in 1980 (before the firings) but the 737 lives on!
Quote: Exactly.... my father worked as ATC in 1969 and remembers when the 737 was first flown into his station (known affectionately by the controllers at the time as the FLUF: Fat Little Ugly Fer).

He retired in 1980 (before the firings) but the 737 lives on!

It's the Dick Clark of airplanes. Plus, it is a 707 from the wing root to the nose. It is true proof that Boeing and airlines give zero Fs what pilots think.
As for Southwest in 10-20 years...
With all the expansion in FLL, does anyone think it will end up being a base or satellite base of some sort?!
Quote: As for Southwest in 10-20 years...
With all the expansion in FLL, does anyone think it will end up being a base or satellite base of some sort?!
Not until I move........
Quote: Having read up on the 797 I am very confident that it will be in our fleet eventually. The sooner the B737 only minded execs retire the sooner this will happen.

Of course, you'll find yourself on a Rio layover with it and they'll still be crew members who'll want to "lobby" at _____ "Herb time"
"Local lobby"
No, I was planning on atlantic standard time in burbank.
Quote: "Local lobby"

No, I was planning on atlantic standard time in burbank.

Or my favorite "what's that van time in Herb?"
Oh, you want me to do public math and become somehow culpable in any errors resulting in a late lobby on your part?
My answer - I don't know, dude, I just go by the time on my phone. See, I don't even own a watch.
I assume the same guys asking these questions are the people who still write checks for cash at the front desk.
Ok, what the hell is Herb time?
Central time, or more accurately -- the time in Dallas. SWA schedulers only speak in Herb time, even when they call you in Baltimore or LA to reschedule you.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to