Southwest in 10-20 years

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to
Saw this posted on the RST SWA Facebook page.

Southwest Airlines in Atlanta: No. 2 with no bullet

"But Kelly said he expects the opportunity in 20 years to be in longer-distance flying and bigger airplanes, “maybe some bigger, dual-aisle version of the 737.” He referenced Boeing’s new mid-sized plane under development, known as a 797, and said “maybe we’ll think about something like that one of these days.”

The same RST post had a comment from a WN pilot that listed an unnamed source (I know, I know) saying the day before the Paris Air Show that, "We are 5-10 years away from a bigger jet, but it'll have to fit our model. Maybe the 78, or something even newer." And then interestingly enough the 797 was announced the next day at Paris.
Having read up on the 797 I am very confident that it will be in our fleet eventually. The sooner the B737 only minded execs retire the sooner this will happen.

Of course, you'll find yourself on a Rio layover with it and they'll still be crew members who'll want to "lobby" at _____ "Herb time"
Quote: Having read up on the 797 I am very confident that it will be in our fleet eventually. The sooner the B737 only minded execs retire the sooner this will happen.

Of course, you'll find yourself on a Rio layover with it and they'll still be crew members who'll want to "lobby" at _____ "Herb time"

You have to wait in the jetway so you can say "good jet" to the oncoming crew. And there won't be crew meals, so make sure you pack some tuna and a hard boiled egg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But will this "good jet" self-combust if left powered on and unattended?
Quote: Having read up on the 797 I am very confident that it will be in our fleet eventually. The sooner the B737 only minded execs retire the sooner this will happen.

And Rocky has made a point of saying at job fairs that the new training building has room for X number of simulators and they don't all necessarily have to be 737s. I agree it seems inevitable; if not with the 797 then something.

Hahahaha!!
You almost nailed it......just delete the 'time' from 'Herb time' and now you have a statement truly worthy of eye-rolling.
Quote: But will this "good jet" self-combust if left powered on and unattended?
Of course it will! Same thing happens if you run the packs off the APU with PCA connected. Or use the recirc fan.
Quote: Of course it will! Same thing happens if you run the packs off the APU with PCA connected. Or use the recirc fan.

Then it's a keeper! :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: You have to wait in the jetway so you can say "good jet" to the oncoming crew. And there won't be crew meals, so make sure you pack some tuna and a hard boiled egg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Meh, **** it. I'll just grab an extra muffin or two
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to