New Jumpseat priorities

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I would recommend calling contract enforcement I was told to be protected you had to book staging.
Quote: I would recommend calling contract enforcement I was told to be protected you had to book staging.
Contract Enforcement did not save the communication from the former Chief Pilot who said he always booked business when jumpseating in from his residence to his base and didn't see how the company could not offer the same protections for the same company Jumpseat?
Quote:
Need to check the legacy FOM JS priority matrix.

"Business" travel has always had a higher priority than "Staging"

You may have a point, but Booking Priority and bumping are not synonymous. While "Employees traveling on company business" is listed higher (#17) than "Employees traveling on Staging status" (#20), I have never heard of Business bumping Staging. Also, while offline crew members ("Other crew members employed by another U.S. Part 119 certificate holder for which FedEx Express has an approved security/verification process in place") is the last in that same list, we know those folks have enjoyed "protected" seats up until this new change. They could be bumped by Operational Emergency or FAA inspectors, but they could not be bumped by Staging, Business, or even Personal, even though those are all higher priorities on the same list.

From the announcement: "... allows us to automatically manage the booking priorities, providing better customer service to travelers. "

So will we even have the option to choose business or staging? Or will the system see that we are booking within 72 hours of an event that is on our calendar and will auto assign us to the business category?

Sounds like to me it will just auto put us where it thinks we should be and if it needs to be changed maybe an email or phone call will have to occur.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to