Allegiant Bases

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21  61  111 
Page 11 of 114
Go to
My money is on SRQ and one of the following: ABE/BNA/BLV/MEM/MCI.

Or something crazy like JAX and JQF.
Quote: A-Town

Yeah boy, that would be sweet. My money is on either Ely or Elko though. Perfect compliments to Vegas.
I’ve heard MDT and ABE are both trying to get it.
Quote: My money is on SRQ and one of the following: ABE/BNA/BLV/MEM/MCI.

Or something crazy like JAX and JQF.
I personally think when the company says “base”, it’s an airplane base. SRQ is already home to airplanes, and a base for FAs. It’s not a new base. It may be added as a pilot base at some point. I would expect two *new* bases myself.
Quote: I personally think when the company says “base”, it’s an airplane base. SRQ is already home to airplanes, and a base for FAs. It’s not a new base. It may be added as a pilot base at some point. I would expect two *new* bases myself.
Fair enough, but I still think that SRQ will be a base in that timeframe (end 2019/begin 2020). Then ABE and possibly BNA.
Virtual Base?
I am interested in Allegiant for the prospect of eventually being home every night, but I am not going to be in a spot where I could pack up shop and move to one of the bases for another year or two.
I am thinking about the virtual base option until then but the only info I can find says that you can be based anywhere and they buy you one space-A roundtrip ticket per month.
Do they pay for your hotel where they domicile you for the month? On average how many off days do you get between your on days? If they do provide your hotel, what are some actual examples of hotels they put you in?
Thanks in advance...
Quote: I am interested in Allegiant for the prospect of eventually being home every night, but I am not going to be in a spot where I could pack up shop and move to one of the bases for another year or two.

I am thinking about the virtual base option until then but the only info I can find says that you can be based anywhere and they buy you one space-A roundtrip ticket per month.

Do they pay for your hotel where they domicile you for the month? On average how many off days do you get between your on days? If they do provide your hotel, what are some actual examples of hotels they put you in?

Thanks in advance...

Yes, hotel, one round trip positive space ticket, and per diem are provided each month. You are placed within the seniority of the base that you are in that month for the schedule bid. You are guaranteed to have 6 non-isolated days off. That requirement can be met with 1- 6 day stretch, a 4 day and a 2 day , 2- 3 days, or 3- 2 days.

However, VBD is fairly senior right now. The most junior FO on VBD has been here over 3 years. You will probably hold whatever Base you want before you hold VBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yes, hotel, one round trip positive space ticket, and per diem are provided each month. You are placed within the seniority of the base that you are in that month for the schedule bid. You are guaranteed to have 6 non-isolated days off. That requirement can be met with 1- 6 day stretch, a 4 day and a 2 day , 2- 3 days, or 3- 2 days.

However, VBD is fairly senior right now. The most junior FO on VBD has been here over 3 years. You will probably hold whatever Base you want before you hold VBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that we've had a lot of vacancy bids lately, but I don't recall any VBD vacancies(or even backfilling) in the last couple of years. Realistically, I would be very hesitant to suggest that a new hire would ever get a VBD award.
VBD is not currently being backfilled when people bid out of it.. and probably won't be. If it did, it would go senior.
Would it take a long time to hold PIE? Or even be possible to be on reserve at PIE for that matter.

I’m interested in applying now that the hiring window opened back up.
Probably not that long to hold PIE. They’re building a new terminal there. It’s a super senior base but to hold it should be possible fairly quickly.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21  61  111 
Page 11 of 114
Go to