Stories from the jump seat

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 38
Go to
Quote: Probably an urban legend, but there's the story of a pilot who carried burned-out lightbulbs to the layover hotel and swapped them for good ones.
And steal the batteries out of the remote
Quote: Probably an urban legend, but there's the story of a pilot who carried burned-out lightbulbs to the layover hotel and swapped them for good ones.
Not an urban legend. He's for real, and at XJT. I also found out he passed the Hogan. Go figure. Haha...
No urban legend. True story. Would have been a 777 Captain at 45-48 yrs old if he wasn't fired at 40.
Abovemins - the original, v1, is 58 yrs old. How old is v2?
Quote: Abovemins - the original, v1, is 58 yrs old. How old is v2?
The one I observed was definitely not V1, he was a midpack ORD CA when I was based there. Probably late 40's, early 50's.

So, there's two lamp thieves floating around XJT???
Quote: No urban legend. True story. Would have been a 777 Captain at 45-48 yrs old if he wasn't fired at 40.
Yikes! I wonder what career he chose next....burglar?
Quote: Not an urban legend. He's for real, and at XJT. I also found out he passed the Hogan. Go figure. Haha...
We had a guy like that at Alaska. He took home the extra toilet paper rolls, too.
I wonder why nobody steals those wonderfully thick and soft hotel towels.......
Quote: He took home the extra toilet paper rolls, too.
I could see that. I never like the TP my wife buys so if I found a quality roll...
"It's morally wrong to bring home dirty laundry". Yes, we expensed laundry sometimes at ludicrously high prices, like $125.

GF
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 38
Go to