Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
I think he was referring to ecam.
Ecam was referring to ecam?
Old 10-16-2021, 10:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Default More jumpseat stories?

This thread was a very entertaining read. I’m sure there’s gotta be some even more funny stories. Anyone have any?

I’m just using these stories as motivation for me to get to ATP mins quickly. Thanks guys.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Here’s my second attempt at reviving one of my favorite threads on the forums…does anyone have any funny jumpseat stories?

Hopefully starting Indoc at a regional pretty soon, and when I have a funny story I’ll be sure to contribute.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by anaqvi786 View Post
Here’s my second attempt at reviving one of my favorite threads on the forums…does anyone have any funny jumpseat stories?

Hopefully starting Indoc at a regional pretty soon, and when I have a funny story I’ll be sure to contribute.
So there I was, with a full COVID beard and a need to occupy a Delta cockpit jumpseat…..
Old 04-30-2022, 10:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: MD-88 FO

Originally Posted by Brickhut View Post
So there I was, with a full COVID beard and a need to occupy a Delta cockpit jumpseat…..
Then what happened?!
Old 05-01-2022, 07:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Myfingershurt View Post
Then what happened?!
He was told no because of the beard so he went in the lav and shaved with a first class butter knife. Then the captain denied him the jumpseat because he had flip flops on.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Back in the 90's we had an AA Eagle Pilot riding our B727's jumpseat PHL-SJU. His girlfriend was an ER Doctor in PHL and had family in SJU. He was going down to meet the family. He asked the Captain to read his wedding proposal over the PA, which he did. Everybody applauded, the F/A's gave her some flowers and an adult beverage. Of course under the circumstances she said yes to the proposal.
Fast forward a week and we just happened to have the same guy on our jumpseat back to PHL. His girlfriend was NOT ready for marriage and ripped him a new rear end after they got off the flight down there. She almost broke up with him over it. It was interesting to hear "The rest of the story"
Old 05-02-2022, 02:42 AM
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Back in the 90's we had an AA Eagle Pilot riding our B727's jumpseat PHL-SJU. His girlfriend was an ER Doctor in PHL and had family in SJU. He was going down to meet the family. He asked the Captain to read his wedding proposal over the PA, which he did. Everybody applauded, the F/A's gave her some flowers and an adult beverage. Of course under the circumstances she said yes to the proposal.
Fast forward a week and we just happened to have the same guy on our jumpseat back to PHL. His girlfriend was NOT ready for marriage and ripped him a new rear end after they got off the flight down there. She almost broke up with him over it. It was interesting to hear "The rest of the story"
She almost broke up with him? He should have counted his blessing and took the next flight out of there.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:52 AM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by at6d View Post
She almost broke up with him? He should have counted his blessing and took the next flight out of there.
In fairness you should be pretty darn sure what the answer will be before you make a public spectacle out of marriage proposal.