Part 135 VFR w/ 500 hrs

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Do you know if they are hiring at the VFR mins, or are the competitive mins a bit higher than what 135vfr specifies, but lower than 135 IFR? Reason I ask is because I only have 610/70.
Quote: Do you know if they are hiring at the VFR mins, or are the competitive mins a bit higher than what 135vfr specifies, but lower than 135 IFR? Reason I ask is because I only have 610/70.
i spoke with gary today and he told me the closer they are to 1200tt the better.. he didnt say they wont hire vfr guys, he said it just makes a lot more sense if they are closer to 1200tt..
I have 1500 tt 250 x-c 90 inst with 15 mult' comm,inst mult I don't meet the 135 ifr min.(I need some more point to point x-c time) But flight express is hiring vrf???? I would like to know some more info about that!!!!
Quote: I have 1500 tt 250 x-c 90 inst with 15 mult' comm,inst mult I don't meet the 135 ifr min.(I need some more point to point x-c time) But flight express is hiring vrf???? I would like to know some more info about that!!!!
Are you sure that's all the X-C you have? Basically anytime you do pattern work at another airport etc.... that will be point-point XC. I'm willing to bet you have it.

Quote: i spoke with gary today and he told me the closer they are to 1200tt the better.. he didnt say they wont hire vfr guys, he said it just makes a lot more sense if they are closer to 1200tt..

Nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote: I have 1500 tt 250 x-c 90 inst with 15 mult' comm,inst mult I don't meet the 135 ifr min.(I need some more point to point x-c time) But flight express is hiring vrf???? I would like to know some more info about that!!!!
yeah like ewfflyer said, to meet 135.243 xc time is any landing at an airport other than your departure airport.. so if you fly to an airport that is next-door i.e 5nm away, that counts as x-c time.. send gary your resume, they would be happy to have you..
I did some ag flying, I don't have much x-c time
heard they quit picking up the vfr only guys for now. I did hear that ram air is now hiring vfr only with like 800tt or something though.
Cessna 74, Did you fly off of one strip all the time or did you move around to other strips? Reason i ask is that i am in the same boat , Lot of tt. not much xc, unless moving two miles down to farmer Brown strip is xc. T.C.
Quote: Cessna 74, Did you fly off of one strip all the time or did you move around to other strips? Reason i ask is that i am in the same boat , Lot of tt. not much xc, unless moving two miles down to farmer Brown strip is xc. T.C.
Loggable cross country is any flight in which you depart one place and arrive in another. It doesn't matter if it is 100 miles or 1 mile. The 50 nm rule that you are probably thinking of is only for cross country time used to obtain a rating. See tathepilots post on this thread from 05-19-2007

VT
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to