Part 135 VFR w/ 500 hrs

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
NO phone callls!!!

March 9, 2007
FLIGHTEXPRESS.com (Part 135 VFR Line Pilots - March 19th Class)

First come, first serve bases -TPA, ORL, CRG, CPS
I'm not certain, but their webpage says minimum pay is $23,000 a year to start flying a 210.
Wish like hell this was available a year ago!
Where does it say that?
its 500 xc time, tt is 1200

you can't be a PIC with 500 tt under 135
Quote: its 500 xc time, tt is 1200

Yes you can, but for VFR ops only. There's some gray area type of clause where you can still fly IFR, but departure and destination must be VMC etc.....from what I understand. All the air-tour guys operate this way too.
all the flight express guys I talk to say 1200TT
Vfr
My first 135 job was flying VFR passenger ops in a 310. I had less than 1200 tt, so I was able to get the VFR ride. The ride at the FSDO was actually an IFR ride, because you had to demonstrate you could handle unforcast IMC. I did most of the ride, including approaches, under the hood.

It was great, because I was able to get up to 1200 hours quickly.
Quote: NO phone callls!!!

March 9, 2007

I'm not certain, but their webpage says minimum pay is $23,000 a year to start flying a 210.

yeah, i saw this on climbto3. a few days back.
Quote: its 500 xc time, tt is 1200

(b) Except as provided in paragraph (a) of this section, no certificate holder may use a person, nor may any person serve, as pilot in command of an aircraft under VFR unless that person --

(1) Holds at least a commercial pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and, if required, an appropriate type rating for that aircraft; and

(2) Has had at least 500 hours time as a pilot, including at least 100 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 25 hours of which were at night; and

(3) For an airplane, holds an instrument rating

And yes, this is true. They are hiring VFR only guys.
Wow, 59 210's. I like those planes. I did a 91 corp gig in one and it was a blast.
Quote: NO phone callls!!!

March 9, 2007

I have seen this ad for years. I called them up about 9 or 10 years ago and talked to them about interviewing, but decided that in the long run, single engine time was not going to get me where I wanted to go.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to