Apply On-Line or Job Fair

Subscribe
I wanted to get some opinions. When applying to the Regionals, any benefit to attending a Job Fair where numerous companies show up? Is this a "Plus" over simply applying online? What has been your experience? Thanks!
Apply on line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I wanted to get some opinions. When applying to the Regionals, any benefit to attending a Job Fair where numerous companies show up? Is this a "Plus" over simply applying online? What has been your experience? Thanks!
In this market, attending a job fair is completely unnecessary for a regional. The only reason I can think of to attend a job fair is to talk to recruiters and ask questions about their particular airline. But they're all gonna blow smoke up your rear end anyway.
Job fair is a waste of time for a regional.
Well the Regional job fairs are free I believe so not a complete waste of time if its within driving distance for you. I think you should go if thats the case.
Quote: I wanted to get some opinions. When applying to the Regionals, any benefit to attending a Job Fair where numerous companies show up? Is this a "Plus" over simply applying online? What has been your experience? Thanks!
Do your reasearch, reach out to folks for referrals and apply online. Visit if it's convenient and your resume is on the lite side.
I went to a regional only job fair and I thought it was a great use of time. It wasn't heavily attended so I got to speak to each airline for 15-20 minutes. It completely changed my order of preference being able to interact with each recruiter/pilot personally.

One that wan't even on my radar at all became my #3. An airline that wasn't in my top 5 became my #1.

I got offered interviews with the three that I decided to apply to and had a personal relationship with each of the recruiters that I spoke with at the job fair. I actually interviewed and got hired with 2 of them. Ultimately accepted the offer with my new #1 and start with them in Dec.

So if you can get there, and it's free, why not check the job fair out?
You only need to apply online.

Job fair might be good to give you a chance to see what different companies are offering. You can talk to multiple companies and get to know them. Also, keep in mind that the recruiters are somewhat full of BS. Bottom line: if a free job fair is near you, and you are still trying to decide where you want to go, it could be worthwhile.