1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Finally some good news on twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/905487561182908416

Be safe out there team!

Scoop
Way to go guys...SMH
Here's a link to the USA Today article, too...

Delta Beats Hurricane Irma
Skd to fly in and out of MIA on Sat. Got to fly into SAT with Harvey. Wish there was a PBS bid selection: "Avoid Hurricanes/Tropical Storms"
Quote: Skd to fly in and out of MIA on Sat. Got to fly into SAT with Harvey. Wish there was a PBS bid selection: "Avoid Hurricanes/Tropical Storms"
You might get to stay home. I've been hoping to swap for a trip that goes in and out of FL starting on Sunday but no one is getting rid of those trips. I'm going to the west coast instead.
Quote: Way to go guys...SMH
Seriously. Glad this worked out for Delta, but this whole 'best meteorologists and dispatchers' stuff is a little over the top. Other airliners approached and the pilots didn't like what they saw ahead in real time so they bailed. Delta saw an opening and got in/out quick. Had this gone the other way and the plane went off the runway (or worse), the media would have ran completely in the other direction that other airliners bailed out so why did Delta continue?
Quote: You might get to stay home. I've been hoping to swap for a trip that goes in and out of FL starting on Sunday but no one is getting rid of those trips. I'm going to the west coast instead.
I just traded a trip with SRQ and MLB flying... just sounds like a headache I don't want.
Quote: Seriously. Glad this worked out for Delta, but this whole 'best meteorologists and dispatchers' stuff is a little over the top. Other airliners approached and the pilots didn't like what they saw ahead in real time so they bailed. Delta saw an opening and got in/out quick. Had this gone the other way and the plane went off the runway (or worse), the media would have ran completely in the other direction that other airliners bailed out so why did Delta continue?
Maybe they continued because they were keeping an eye on it and dispatch kept them updated? So DL crew saw in real time looked fine... So they continued... And it was uneventful. So why even hypothesize if the worst had happened? You can second guess any flight or it's outcome, but what's the point? With that flight in particular I'm sure they were being updated quite frequently and if at any point it didn't appear to be a good idea, they would have bailed. They continued and it worked out fine...
Quote: Seriously. Glad this worked out for Delta, but this whole 'best meteorologists and dispatchers' stuff is a little over the top. Other airliners approached and the pilots didn't like what they saw ahead in real time so they bailed. Delta saw an opening and got in/out quick. Had this gone the other way and the plane went off the runway (or worse), the media would have ran completely in the other direction that other airliners bailed out so why did Delta continue?
Trying to think what would compel to me constantly lurk on the Virgin America forum and though salt on anything positive posted there. Guys got a load of folks off an island that was about to get slammed by a Cat 5. Kudos, but of course the internet must #resist.
Leeeeeerrrrrrooooy Jennnnnkins!!!!

Hey, they had a 32.3333 chance at success.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to