Notices
ExpressJet Regional Airline

ImagineAir hiring ATL

Old 09-15-2017, 09:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default ImagineAir hiring ATL

Hey All,

ImagineAir is hiring for their Atlanta base. Their starting pay is only 40-45,000 1st year, but it's a 4 on 3 off and home the majority of the nights in a year. Bit of a change in pace, but great quality of life. Look them up as we are coming to an end here in Atlanta.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by TheRussell View Post
Hey All,

ImagineAir is hiring for their Atlanta base. Their starting pay is only 40-45,000 1st year, but it's a 4 on 3 off and home the majority of the nights in a year. Bit of a change in pace, but great quality of life. Look them up as we are coming to an end here in Atlanta.
Yah, cause an airline pilot is going to bow out of the 121 world when the BIGGEST hiring wave in decades is happening so they can go fly a dinky Cirrus at "ImagineAir" for a laughable salary.

Pack your sh*t and go pander to Commercial ASEL crowd.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by AceyCandler View Post
Yah, cause an airline pilot is going to bow out of the 121 world when the BIGGEST hiring wave in decades is happening so they can go fly a dinky Cirrus at "ImagineAir" for a laughable salary.

Pack your sh*t and go pander to Commercial ASEL crowd.
Ha! Good luck with that also. Maybe if their mins were 250 hrs. Nobody with 1200 hours isn't just going to stick it our instructing for a few more months and then go to a regional. Flying a single engine piston after 1500 hours does absolutely nothing for your career.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 AM
Works Weekends & It's OK

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Last I heard they have a 200 pound max pilot weight. That counted me out! Lol!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

ImagineAir? Seriously? Go away.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:06 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

ImagineAir is a joke.
Everyone knows "The Russell" is their chief pilot who was lucky to find a job after getting fired from ExpressJet.

The basic concept of Imagineair was interesting. However, the company is run like a Three Stooges movie. Not one manager knows what the others are doing and each thinks he knows better than the other guy. The training program is a joke, run by a guy named John Penintelli who has no good right holding a CFI ticket.

Their airplanes are pretty ragged. The Cirrus was never intended to be a charter airplane.

So if you want to fly ragged airplanes for $35,000, a crappy medical plan and no other benefits, come on over. All the SE piston time you'll build won't help your career.

Those guys are so desperate for pilots that at one time they were advertising for VFR only pilots.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

While I wouldn't recommend Imagine to people coming from regionals looking to further their career, it's certainly not a joke. Nor are the airplanes ragged. It's a good fit for the right individual.

No need to disparage the place so badly.

Pay and medical are not good, but they have increased in the last few years. You are home most nights. The flying is fun. The instructor, JP, is a solid dude. Sorry you had a problem with him. I believe he has about 5,000 dual given. I've seen Rusty (chief pilot) back up pilots repeatedly. Again, nothing bad to say about the guy.

Retired pilot looking for flying? Great gig. Time building? Solid. Back into flying after being away? Good place.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
The instructor, JP, is a solid dude. Sorry you had a problem with him. I believe he has about 5,000 dual given.
I never worked there. I just know most of the guys there.

Pinetelli may have 5,000 hours in Cirri, but there's no way he has 5,000 hours dual given. That's reflected based on what I've heard from past ImagineAir pilots
Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by frankgh View Post
Last I heard they have a 200 pound max pilot weight. That counted me out! Lol!
I saw that. I just looked yesterday and it says 210 now. Standards lowering!