UPS airlines chartered aircraft

Subscribe
Hello again,

I see from the 2Q results that UPS airlines has a fleet of 238 aircraft(-1 MD-11 with grass in the nose gear well) and charters 302 aircraft.

I have been unable to find out what these chartered aircraft are. Is it the Ameriflight and other small feeder stuff or is it a lot of big stuff?

Can anybody help me find that info?
Quote: Hello again,

I see from the 2Q results that UPS airlines has a fleet of 238 aircraft(-1 MD-11 with grass in the nose gear well) and charters 302 aircraft.

I have been unable to find out what these chartered aircraft are. Is it the Ameriflight and other small feeder stuff or is it a lot of big stuff?

Caravan to a 767 and during peak, 747s.
Quote: Hello again,

Key Lime Air, Ameriflight, Air Cargo Carriers, Bemidji Air.....
Lots of Metros, a few EMB 120's, some Shorts, Pipers, King Airs, Queen Airs, etc
Scheduled feeder

Example: Scheduled Routes - Air Cargo Carriers
Quote: Key Lime Air, Ameriflight, Air Cargo Carriers, Bemidji Air.....
Lots of Metros, a few EMB 120's, some Shorts, Pipers, King Airs, Queen Airs, etc
Scheduled feeder

Example: Scheduled Routes - Air Cargo Carriers
I hear that UPS also charters 767s and A300 from the likes of Star Air and MNG. I've read that that also charter other "airliner" size jets in Asia.
Quote: I hear that UPS also charters 767s and A300 from the likes of Star Air and MNG. I've read that that also charter other "airliner" size jets in Asia.
Correct, Almost all is for cabotage, law won't let UPS US crews to fly it. All airlines have to work within the cabotage arena. MNG route eventually going away. Going back to a US based UPS aircraft with UPS pilots.
Thanks for that. That's what I figured.
Then there is all the cans we put on other airlines....
Quote: Then there is all the cans we put on other airlines....
No we don't!!!!........, OK, yes we do, actually a remarkable amount, but we are not allowed to talk about that.