FE Upgrade to FO

Subscribe
Greetings,

Any info would be appreciated for FE upgrades to FO of various operators. Requirements such as Total time, multi time, etc... Kallita, Focus, Evergreen, Southern..

Thanks
Good Morning,

Insight regarding BigjetLiljet's question would be appreciated. I am considering attending the Aeroservice career fair where there are FE opportunities.

V/R,
Apollo
It's usually a seniority issue. If you can hold the new seat, then you should be able to bid and receive it. Usually has nothing to do with time. That is the way it works at FedEx, UPS and other airlines, anyway. Good luck with your decision.
I believe that BigjetLiljet question was in regard to FE's or more specifically PFE's upgrading to the right seat. In this case there is a world of difference between the SO (Second Officer - FE, a pilot versus a A & P mechanic in the case of a PFE), upgrading and an FE.

I know that there has been a few upgrades at some of the 74 ACMI operators out there. It would probably be on a case by case basis at this point in time.

Some operators in the past routinely upgraded PFE's if they met specific requirements, Emery was one of these. I don't think that currently there are any outfits that offer PFE upgrades with any regularity.

Good Luck!
Gemini has a program to upgrade PFE's; (FE-FO's); however, they are parking -10's and furloughing FE's so I don't think that's a possibility. I would contact the Chief Flight Engineer at Focus and Southern.
Great information! Thank you for the quick responses.