Job as driver or packer helpful?

Subscribe
I was wondering if getting a full or part time job with UPS as a driver or packer would have any benefit while waiting for an interview? Will that time add towards your pilot retirement in any way? Will the seniority count for anything once you get a pilot position? Will it move your app further up in the pile? Thanks guys.
Quote: I was wondering if getting a full or part time job with UPS as a driver or packer would have any benefit while waiting for an interview? Will that time add towards your pilot retirement in any way? Will the seniority count for anything once you get a pilot position? Will it move your app further up in the pile? Thanks guys.
no, no, and yes
Except how are you going to juggle this new job with your existing flying duties? Don't think these ground jobs are known for their flexible schedules and you don't want to have any black marks from trying to pull this off. If you're not currently flying I would bet the recruiters would rather see you perfecting your craft, expanding your experience, taking on varied leadership positions, etc., versus throwing boxes. I.e., get a flying job - fast. Taking on a full time job outside of aviation when you are trying to convince people to hire you as a pilot is...well, you can figure that out. If you are flying, get a new type, take on instructor duties, volunteer at your union, run for office, recertify those dusty CFI certs, get your glider rating, or better yet: find a volunteer gig that can put you in a leadership role - but do it cause you kind of want to / are interested anyway. Nothing worse than volunteers who clearly don't want to be volunteers.. Any of these things will help more than throwing boxes and they'll be useful for every airline. Wouldn't look good on your FedEx app to have UPS loader as recent work experience would it? JMO
Quote: Wouldn't look good on your FedEx app to have UPS loader as recent work experience would it? JMO
The Brown Stain is hard to wash away !