Associates Pilot Program

Subscribe
I was doing my research on becoming an airline pilot and was wondering what you guys think about an Associate Degree Pilot Program and it's effectiveness on becoming an airline pilot.

I am planning on doing an A.S. Professional Pilot at MDC where you earn an associates and complete your license up to your CFI. I know most majors want a bachelors so i was wondering what programs I can transfer to after I do my A.S. to complete my BsC ?
US Aviation also has an AAS Professional Pilot Program through Tarrant County College (TCC).

https://www.usaviationacademy.com/tc...n-pilot-track/

For that program, TCC has a "2+2" arrangement with the University of North Texas' Aviation Logistics program so that you can get your CFI and associate's at TCC, then work as a flight instructor and earn your bachelor's degree in Denton.
Probably will help, but you are going to need a Bachelors eventually (if you want to go to the majors)

I am in a 2 year professional pilot program in Baltimore but I already have my BS so for me it's just icing on the cake. I've been relatively impressed with the curriculum though, definitely learned a few things I wouldn't have learned elsewhere most likely
I was thinking about finishing my degree online after I graduate and probably while I am instructing. I hope I find a school where the credits transfer easily.
Assume you will need a 4-year degree to progress to the majors (and you don't want to NOT progress to the majors).

Be careful about planning to finish the degree while working...I knew plenty of lifers who just never got around to it.
Have you considered a cadet pilot program at a major airline not necessarily in the US?
"..................
Quote: Have you considered a cadet pilot program at a major airline not necessarily in the US?
^ This.

There are a lot of 2 year A.S. type programs that also have Cadet programs. AB Tech in Asheville (planning on starting there this Spring) is just one of them. They also offer one of those A.S. to B.S. flows with another local college in the area. I haven't done much homework on the follow on B.S. programs though.

I don't know much about overseas though...