CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot)

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20  60 
Page 10 of 83
Go to
Well that sounds fantastic. Is that because AMO is having a hard time getting pilots on board? How long do you see that lasting? Thanks for the info.
Quote: Well that sounds fantastic. Is that because AMO is having a hard time getting pilots on board? How long do you see that lasting? Thanks for the info.
Yes, AMO pilot hiring has been very low over the last 5 years. If memory serves me, I believe the agency hired about 100 or so in a 6 year time period. With airline pilot hiring in overdrive, AMO will be desperately hiring pilots for the next decade!
I have 6.5 years of local law enforcement experience and currently working on my pilot ratings (fixed wing). What are the odds of actually getting to fly a plane and not just a UAV? I currently live in Bismarck, ND, so Grand Forks wouldn't be out of the question for a move.
Quote: not likely. Your still going to have to accumulate a 1000 hours of flight time and have your comerrical/instrument ticket. The commercial and instrument is easy to get, but the the flight time will take awhile unless you have really deep pockets. I know several guys at GF who only fly the C210 or AS350 one or two days a month if they are lucky. I would recommend trying to get on with a large city or state LE agency who has their own avaition unti. If i wasnt 59 months from retirement i would bail myself
Yeah sitting at 370hrs right now, and the goal has been 1500 for airlines, but wouldn't mind looking into CBP. But, if what you say about 1-2 flying days a month is normal, then probably not.
Are there any new hire locations that are a non-uas branch? 1300 hour (200 turbine pic, 30 hours sic part 91 jet time) commercial single/multi, CFI, cfii, Mei, and currently a full time police officer for 12 years. Career sounds interesting but I did not spend 60k out of my own pocket for every rating possible just to go fly drones. Any valuable input? Thanks a lot.
Quote: I know of two pilots at my branch who are looking for another job. AMO hasn’t even taken into consideration the amount retirement eligible guys this year and next. I love when management talks about how well were doing hiring and getting new guys in the pipeline but they fail to mention to the 20-30 we loose every year
Is it like this on the southern border as well? Or can you fly a lot down there?
Quote: Again if your at a southern border non-UAS branch then yes you can fly a lot, although I have a buddy in Texas and he tells me he only flys about 3-4 days a week on average.
To be fair, if a work week is only 5 days, 3-4 days of flying isn't bad. Lol
Puerto Rico
Is there anyone who is based in Puerto Rico that can give some insight on living conditions. Availability of housing. Taxes? What is the leadership like?
So are the AIA's affected by the government shutdown? how about previous shutdowns?
So are the AIA's affected by the gov. shutdown? have they missed any pay during previous shutdowns?
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20  60 
Page 10 of 83
Go to