CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot)

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70 
Page 20 of 83
Go to
Waco... I’m just curious, can you tell us who you currently work for, to have 17on-15off?

Also, how does that schedule work with the wife and kids?
Quote: Waco... I’m just curious, can you tell us who you currently work for, to have 17on-15off?

Almost any airline, especially majors, with a little seniority. Reserve is usually 12-13 hard days off (15 at SWA).

You have to be more senior to get all weekends off. If you're junior you'll probably get one a month on average.

The spouse does need some degree of independence, but I assume we're all (ex) mil here so that should be nothing new.

When you're home, you're home. Plenty of time with the fam, I'm home on weekdays a lot so I volunteer at my kid's school so I get to hang out with them.
Reading back through old CPB threads it seems the hiring mins at one point were 750TT.

Was that accurate, or was it like it is today where you could apply at 750 but had to get to at least 1000 before taking the flight assessment?
Quote: Reading back through old CPB threads it seems the hiring mins at one point were 750TT.

Was that accurate, or was it like it is today where you could apply at 750 but had to get to at least 1000 before taking the flight assessment?
Not sure why this matters, as it’s not the current requirement, but to answer your question there were waivers in the past for a very specific type of flight time that was waiverable down to 750TT. The requirements have changed numerous times over the years. CBP is as desperate as they’ve ever been so if you want the job now is the time to get your app in. As you walk in the front door pay no mind to all the people who trample you running the other way.
Quote: Waco... I’m just curious, can you tell us who you currently work for, to have 17on-15off?

Sounds like an ACMI schedule to me. Only you can answer the second question. Everyone’s family situation is unique.
Quote: Almost any airline, especially majors, with a little seniority. Reserve is usually 12-13 hard days off (15 at SWA).

You have to be more senior to get all weekends off. If you're junior you'll probably get one a month on average.

The spouse does need some degree of independence, but I assume we're all (ex) mil here so that should be nothing new.

When you're home, you're home. Plenty of time with the fam, I'm home on weekdays a lot so I volunteer at my kid's school so I get to hang out with them.
Correction, reading comprehension failure on my part. I thought he said 17-15 days off.

For 17 on / 15 off, ACMI is probably the only way to get that reliably.
Quote: Yes you can apply at 750tt but you will need to be at 1000tt for the written/oral/check ride.
What’s this written you speak of?
35% cola and 10% UAS bonus... WOOHOO!!
I'll take that extra 30K! I'm starting to like this pilot shortage stuff.
Quote: What’s this written you speak of?
CBP wants to ensure you can read and write...because you have proven that you are blind to the facts. 🤪

The bonus will only serve to keep those already dead set on staying (those too close to retirement).

That new bonus would have retained a lot of people 5 years ago when we were telling Eddie Young and “Tex” Alles of a significant Pilot recruitment problem years ago. At the present, compare it to JetBlue or American and both will be making double that $$$ by the 12 year mark.

Time off? Nope not even close.
Quote: 35% cola and 10% UAS bonus... WOOHOO!!
I'll take that extra 30K! I'm starting to like this pilot shortage stuff.
I’m hoping this is in jest. All pay caps still apply.
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70 
Page 20 of 83
Go to