CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot)

Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71 
Page 21 of 83
Go to
Quote: I’m hoping this is in jest. All pay caps still apply.

He got his that's all that matters! Why worry about those who got little to nothing?

I wouldn't worry about capping out since the pay raises need to be renewed each year. Someone sitting somewhere will fail to perform and it will be gone before you know it. Oops we forgot to renew it, sorry guys/gals. If it isn't this October 1st it will likely be next October 1st.
Quote: CBP wants to ensure you can read and write...because you have proven that you are blind to the facts. 🤪

The bonus will only serve to keep those already dead set on staying (those too close to retirement).

That new bonus would have retained a lot of people 5 years ago when we were telling Eddie Young and “Tex” Alles of a significant Pilot recruitment problem years ago. At the present, compare it to JetBlue or American and both will be making double that $$$ by the 12 year mark.

Time off? Nope not even close.
If these are the 'Special Pay Rates' you are speaking about - they are not incentives to stay necessarily - no more than the military bonuses were. As you say - you'll still make more in the airlines if that is the type of flying/job that you want to do; but to those who are close to retirement or don't want to work in the airlines it is a nice 'thanks for not leaving' pay increase.
Quote: If these are the 'Special Pay Rates' you are speaking about - they are not incentives to stay necessarily - no more than the military bonuses were. As you say - you'll still make more in the airlines if that is the type of flying/job that you want to do; but to those who are close to retirement or don't want to work in the airlines it is a nice 'thanks for not leaving' pay increase.

Pretty much. Full disclosure: I am a northern region dude staying for 20 barring extreme duress (i.e. unit closure, forced drone flying).

That said, a couple points in defense of AMO and the SSR here. I have been personally, first-hand told by EY that the SSR is programmed already for outlying years. This actually makes sense. Remember AMO is late to the SSR for pilots, non-LEO aviators at many other agencies have been getting it since January. Rarely in the federal gov't is such a standard reduced once set (USMC, curious if you are getting it).

Also, there are a couple of advantages to this raise many have not thought of. The SSR is a locality pay, not a bonus. So it counts toward your pension. With caps, that essentially means that a career line pilot will earn a director's pension. Only has to last for 3 years to achieve that. Also, the increase will be reflected in your TSP matching funds and agency automatic. This will make a BIG difference over time.

Are there issues with it? From a management standpoint, yes. High locality pay cities are getting basically zilch. And it eliminates any financial incentive to promote. Thus why AMO balked at first, but the outcry was huge.

I think everyone in AMO realizes the SSR will do nothing to solve the issues at play in this thread. But, I was looking pretty hard at trying for a major, and now I'm not. At least for 9 more years.
The SSR pay cap is now 166k. The other 10% for UAS is a retention incentive so it is not part of the cap that we are familiar with. There is another cap of around 200k for bonus monies. The 10% UAS is a bonus and will not be part of our high 3. Being that I can be a "New Panama" guy and only touch the Pred quarterly, I'll take it for a MCE only slot. Next year as a 13 step 8 I'll gladly take the 171K!

Cheers
Quote: Pretty much. Full disclosure: I am a northern region dude staying for 20 barring extreme duress (i.e. unit closure, forced drone flying).

That said, a couple points in defense of AMO and the SSR here. I have been personally, first-hand told by EY that the SSR is programmed already for outlying years. This actually makes sense. Remember AMO is late to the SSR for pilots, non-LEO aviators at many other agencies have been getting it since January. Rarely in the federal gov't is such a standard reduced once set (USMC, curious if you are getting it).

Also, there are a couple of advantages to this raise many have not thought of. The SSR is a locality pay, not a bonus. So it counts toward your pension. With caps, that essentially means that a career line pilot will earn a director's pension. Only has to last for 3 years to achieve that. Also, the increase will be reflected in your TSP matching funds and agency automatic. This will make a BIG difference over time.

Are there issues with it? From a management standpoint, yes. High locality pay cities are getting basically zilch. And it eliminates any financial incentive to promote. Thus why AMO balked at first, but the outcry was huge.

I think everyone in AMO realizes the SSR will do nothing to solve the issues at play in this thread. But, I was looking pretty hard at trying for a major, and now I'm not. At least for 9 more years.
It seems that we line guys just found out about this. Few weeks ago after one of our pilots was sent a detailed email about it with the pay tables attached. Come to find out - the Marshal’s (JUSTICE) pilots are already on that pay scale. I was talking to our ACP about it last week after this was brought out and he said our upper mgmt has been aware for at least a year. Of course he said that getting it would be a long road since it is a line item budget and must be written in and then all the way to Congressionally approved; but there is hope.

So let me get this part straight because I don’t know a lot about it...but you guys - if SSR (what does that stand for?) is the same thing I’m talking about which I seems to be, is just a locality/COLA adjustment? The email I was referencing earlier made it seem like a plain old PAY increase for purposes of manning shortages (I did NOT mean to sound like I thought it was a short term bonus like they used in the military), but rather an increase in base GS/Step pay and I wondered if then the locality pay would be on top of that. What has been said here makes me think that is not the case.

Good luck to us all.
SSR = specialty pay rate. Forget locality pay. There is no locality pay after this starts. It's base pay x 35%. Then take that total x 25% leap = what everyone will get. 10% UAS is that of base on top.
Pilots are all the same in the eyes of HQ. Get over it!
I'm not sure why some are crying they didn't get a raise. Everyone got something. Maybe you were a bit over paid at your local anyway.
What about the P3 community?
Quote: SSR = specialty pay rate. Forget locality pay. There is no locality pay after this starts. It's base pay x 35%. Then take that total x 25% leap = what everyone will get. 10% UAS is that of base on top.
Pilots are all the same in the eyes of HQ. Get over it!
I'm not sure why some are crying they didn't get a raise. Everyone got something. Maybe you were a bit over paid at your local anyway.
What about the P3 community?
Stepping on the backs of your brothers and sisters to get yours. Good on you. You’re likely already management but if not you should consider promoting.
Quote:
SSR = specialty pay rate.
Shouldn't that be SPR then Ah....gov't acronyms!

Quote:
Forget locality pay. There is no locality pay after this starts. It's base pay x 35%. Then take that total x 25% leap = what everyone will get. 10% UAS is that of base on top.
Guess ours will use be the 35%ish then because we obviously don't get the LEAP pay; though we do get an additional pay that most equate to the old military 'flight pay' - and then a number of premium pays (OT Night differential, training, etc...)

The pay scale I saw though wasn't straight 35%; it varied a little. I think mine was 42% for instance.

I think this was the table shared with us via email from some outside source. I don't know what all the different pay scales represent, the one listed above being 0764 - but what is the difference between all others except possibly the locality (you see 0764 has locations DFW and OK). The other concern for us is that DOT (or FAA) is not listed in the agencies/subelement list. Does this mean that we are eligible for these SSRs? I did hear that we were funded differently than most (meaning these are Title 5 funded and we are a different 'Title'?)

We all know that nothing about OPM is easy so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can tell you that some locals in my FIFO have already entertained the idea of trying to switch over to JPATS for the new pay table and A LOT less work and responsibility.
Quote: Stepping on the backs of your brothers and sisters to get yours. Good on you. You’re likely already management but if not you should consider promoting.
Mr. BAJ135, as a 13, I sign for a P3. It's about time I got something.
Spare me your BS!

SSR= special salary rate.
Quote: Mr. BAJ135, as a 13, I sign for a P3. It's about time I got something.
Spare me your BS!

SSR= special salary rate.
Oh it’s all starting to make sense now. A person smart enough to transfer into a P3 branch as a GS13 when everyone else who had the job was a GS14. Then you want to claim people at other locals are over paid and you’re underpaid. If anyone is full of BS it’s certainly you. Own your own decisions or should I say mistakes. I could care less if you sign for a P3 or a C206, and neither does HQ, because you’re both paid the same now. Enjoy your raise while you have it.
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71 
Page 21 of 83
Go to