Hiring / Training Timelines >

Hiring / Training Timelines

Notices

Hiring / Training Timelines

Old 10-17-2017, 11:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Default Hiring / Training Timelines

With the current application window open, I plan to submit my application next week. A few questions if anyone can answer them:

1. If given a CJO, how long do I have to accept? If I accept the CJO, what's the typical turn around on assignment to a training class?

2. How often are the classes? Where is training? I read there is an A-330 and 321 sim in Honolulu, but I've also read the training pipeline is like 4 months and done in the states?

3. I have over 1500 hours PIC in the F/A-18. However, I have only about 1800 hours of total time. The application asks me to check a box confirming I have at least 2000 hours total time. If I don't check that box, will my app still get considered?

Mahalo!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
With the current application window open, I plan to submit my application next week. A few questions if anyone can answer them:

1. If given a CJO, how long do I have to accept? If I accept the CJO, what's the typical turn around on assignment to a training class?
could be fairly quick... never suprised at the stories I hear. They could ask if you can "be here on Monday"

2. How often are the classes? Where is training? I read there is an A-330 and 321 sim in Honolulu, but I've also read the training pipeline is like 4 months and done in the states?Seems like roughly 1 maybe 2 small classes a month. 3 weeks of indoc/systems and then maybe roughly 2 weeks of sim give or take.
Then IOE of hopefully 3 roundtrips. More of you need a little extra time.
330/321 si in HNL, 767 in MIA, 717 IN BNE. All groundschool is in HNL.

3. I have over 1500 hours PIC in the F/A-18. However, I have only about 1800 hours of total time. The application asks me to check a box confirming I have at least 2000 hours total time. If I don't check that box, will my app still get considered?no idea. We have hired ANG guys, especially this Oct class.
No idea what their times were.

Mahalo!
FYI, Hawaii is a State.... more appropriate to call it the mainland unless you really want to have a sign on your back.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post

could be fairly quick... never suprised at the stories I hear. They could ask if you can "be here on Monday"

2. How often are the classes? Where is training? I read there is an A-330 and 321 sim in Honolulu, but I've also read the training pipeline is like 4 months and done in the states?Seems like roughly 1 maybe 2 small classes a month. 3 weeks of indoc/systems and then maybe roughly 2 weeks of sim give or take.
Then IOE of hopefully 3 roundtrips. More of you need a little extra time.
330/321 si in HNL, 767 in MIA, 717 IN BNE. All groundschool is in HNL.

3. I have over 1500 hours PIC in the F/A-18. However, I have only about 1800 hours of total time. The application asks me to check a box confirming I have at least 2000 hours total time. If I don't check that box, will my app still get considered?no idea. We have hired ANG guys, especially this Oct class.
No idea what their times were.

Mahalo!
Curious if the 321 IOE will be completed on actual revenue flights which I believe start end of January. So someone starting class now won't finish IOE until Jan/feb?

Are there any breaks between Indoc and systems / sims typically?
Is a typical day in class from 8-4 or does it go longer?

Mahalo!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
FYI, Hawaii is a State....
Mainland! Definitely a typo.

Your timeline sounds much faster than what I was expecting. I had heard months between each major muscle movement.

As for the hours thing, I'll find a way to convert from military "airborne" time to FAA "out of the chocks" time.

Mahalo!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by PaulG View Post

2. How often are the classes? Where is training? I read there is an A-330 and 321 sim in Honolulu, but I've also read the training pipeline is like 4 months and done in the states?

3. I have over 1500 hours PIC in the F/A-18. However, I have only about 1800 hours of total time. The application asks me to check a box confirming I have at least 2000 hours total time. If I don't check that box, will my app still get considered?

Mahalo!
In the past if you failed to check any of the boxes for the posted minimums you would get an automated rejection email right after you submitted.