Horizon Air Bases Closures

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey guys, question for you.

In some of my research on this topic, it seems as though (with the Alaska base closure announced today) that more bases are going to be following suit and closing up. What is this probability? Talking mostly about the Q.

Thanks.
Quote: Hey guys, question for you.

In some of my research on this topic, it seems as though (with the Alaska base closure announced today) that more bases are going to be following suit and closing up. What is this probability? Talking mostly about the Q.

Thanks.
When you say ALASKA base closure, do you mean QXs ANC base?

Look , it's hard to know the future. Anything anybody says that doesn't cite a press release or something is speculation, which is, by nature, unreliable.

Each base left after ANC closing fills a niche that the company needs as part of the feed structure. Even GEG, a base with no other purpose other than a commuter line to SEA, PDX, and BOI, exists because of the frequency and RON aircraft that exist there.

There's little usefulness in speculation due to poor information. Sorry.
Within the pilot and flight attendant groups, there's always rumors that Horizon is going close a base (usually Medford, but GEG and BOI get thrown around on occasion as well), so unless something official comes out, none of us have any clue what's going on with bases.
There is always rumor. ANC was always going to close next year for 4 years until it finally did. Its hard to tell what exactly will happen system wide.
ANC base
If anyone is interested in staying in PANC working for another operator please PM me.
Everts Air Cargo needs ANC based DC-9 pilots.
Would be interesting if any pilot in PANC who plans to leave QX due to the base closure to post here... survey.
Quote: Would be interesting if any pilot in PANC who plans to leave QX due to the base closure to post here... survey.
I left, QX that is. Still live in AK.
Anchorage is done, Spokane is mostly flown by sky west, Portland and Seattle also look like 50 seat RJ Skywest bases, while everbodyat QX sits on reserve as PBS gives you no chance for a line. Medford has always been the first to be talked about closing.
But Air Group sent the cavalry down to fix things, Jon Hornibrook who has very outwardly shown much dislike towards Horizon pilots over the years.
The only plan for Horizon Air is to further disregard basic respect and do thwhat budget squeeze. QX isn’t a stepping stone to Alaska (it’s a dead end) and Alaska’s future isn’t for Mainline employees interest.
RUN RUN RUN, avoid at all cost, the rest of us wish someone told us and we listened.
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/a...air-hiring-258
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to