Medal detectors

Subscribe
So, today I actually met a medical examiner and told him about my back and knee surgeries and he said it should be no problem to get my first class medical since the issues are done and I'm not taking any medications. I meant to ask them, about my metal in my body and I forgot, so here goes once I'm a pilot and I'm going through the medal detectors daily will I have an issue getting through easily with metal in my back and my knee? I have a card stating I have medal in my back, just wanting to hear from current pilots. Thank you!
Pilots and metal detectors
I’ve got more metal in my back than 99.99% of the non-flying (and flying!) population, I’ll wager.
Short answer: no
Longer answer: nope
Good luck, PM me if you have questions.
Gumby
Quote: So, today I actually met a medical examiner and told him about my back and knee surgeries and he said it should be no problem to get my first class medical since the issues are done and I'm not taking any medications. I meant to ask them, about my metal in my body and I forgot, so here goes once I'm a pilot and I'm going through the medal detectors daily will I have an issue getting through easily with metal in my back and my knee? I have a card stating I have medal in my back, just wanting to hear from current pilots. Thank you!
Quote: I'm going through the medal detectors daily will I have an issue getting through easily with metal in my back and my knee? I have a card stating I have medal in my back, just wanting to hear from current pilots. Thank you!
I have a Navy Achievement Medal and the TSA hasn't discovered it even one time.
I’ve got rods in my back and no issues with the FAA. The funny thing is, when TSA stood up, I was forever tripping the sensors. Being on military orders and telling them I had implants seems to have satisfied them. I don’t have a doctor’s card certifying the implants. After a couple of years, never tripped the detector again.

Very funny Packrat!. My metal and medal were awarded by Mr. Martin and Mr. Baker.

GF
Quote: I have a Navy Achievement Medal and the TSA hasn't discovered it even one time.