FO questions

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: Hi guys. I just got done with training and have OE coming up. Question is are hats required? They told us in indoc its required except during Daylight savings period. Is this true? I couldn't find anything in company manuals saying hats were required uniform. Honestly I think some pilots look great in hats, for me however I look like a complete tool. I just didnt want to show up day one without a hat and get into trouble .
What is a Hat?

What is a Long sleeve Pilot shirt?

They are mythical Unicorns
Quote: What is a Hat?

What is a Long sleeve Pilot shirt?

They are mythical Unicorns
I wear long sleeve shirts Nov - April. Much warmer when the cold air is blowing through the flight deck. Didn't your momma teach you how to dress?!?!
Quote: I wear long sleeve shirts Nov - April. Much warmer when the cold air is blowing through the flight deck. Didn't your momma teach you how to dress?!?!
Per the style guide we all are required to wear long sleeves north of MIA during that period, but 99.9%, of the captains at least, don't. I have yet to fly with one that has.
Not sure what the big aversion to long sleeve shirts is at Republic. I don't find them any less or more comfortable than short sleeves.
Long sleeve shirts keep me warm. I get made fun of left and right for it. Guess who couldn’t care less?
Quote: Long sleeve shirts keep me warm. I get made fun of left and right for it. Guess who couldn’t care less?
Almost every other profession wears longsleeves. I’ve got tattoos and so I always wear longsleeve. I hear questions about it all the time. Why does anyone care? What’s worse is people act like I must now regret getting tattoos. Nope, I enjoy a lot of other things in life when I’m not flying. I’ve even gotten one on an overnight.
Quote: Long sleeve shirts keep me warm. I get made fun of left and right for it. Guess who couldn’t care less?
Thank you for using the phrase "couldn't care less" properly. Far too often I hear/see people using the phrase "could care less", which doesn't make any sense.
Quote: Anyplace NOT NY is very senior at Republic.
Are IND and CMH senior as well?
Quote: Are IND and CMH senior as well?
FOs have been regularly getting those bases out of training.
Quote: Anyplace NOT NY is very senior at Republic.

Not true at all. The last couple new hire classes where crammed into Columbus.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to