PBS Question

Subscribe
Quick question about bidding...

I want some days off, but if I don't get them, I want certain trips on those days. So, if I put "Prefer OFF" on the first line, then those trips on the second line, will PBS give me the days off, or give me the trips?

Thanks!
Quote:
PBS next looks through your preferences within the bid group step by step. If a Prefer Off preference is encountered, PBS will look through each of the dates left to right and attempt to honor each one. In the case of a day of the week, PBS will look at each date. For example, Prefer Off Saturday would be processed as Prefer Off December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. If the Prefer Off preference has an Else Start Next Bid Group and PBS is unable to honor one of the dates within that preference, PBS will jump to the next bid group. If the preference has no Else Start Next and PBS is unable to honor a date, it will simply ignore the date and continue to the right to attempt to honor any other dates or move to the next preference as applicable. If the Prefer Off preference has an All or Nothing clause and PBS is unable to honor one of the dates, it will ignore all of the dates in the preference and move to the next preference, but stay within the bid group.
Absent any all or nothing or else start next with your PREFER OFF PBS will try and partially award dates. This might filter out some of your trip specific bids.
are you a pilot?
are you a pilot? please which school do you recommend i go to for career and do you know of any available scholarship? help me please.
Quote: are you a pilot? please which school do you recommend i go to for career and do you know of any available scholarship? help me please.
...Chizzy, eh? Super covert...
Quote: are you a pilot? please which school do you recommend i go to for career and do you know of any available scholarship? help me please.
Donald Trump's Piloting School of Bestness. All the WWI aces like the Red Baron went. it's the BEST!!!
Quote: Quick question about bidding...

I want some days off, but if I don't get them, I want certain trips on those days. So, if I put "Prefer OFF" on the first line, then those trips on the second line, will PBS give me the days off, or give me the trips?

Thanks!
PBS will try to honor the days off first then look at the trips you want.
Quote: PBS will try to honor the days off first then look at the trips you want.
What if I want certain trips, but if I am not awarded those trips then I want certain days off? For example...i bid for a Trip that flies over the weekend, but if i am not awarded that specific trip i want that weekend OFF. Do i put Award trip numbers first, then next line Prefer Off those dates?
Quote: What if I want certain trips, but if I am not awarded those trips then I want certain days off? For example...i bid for a Trip that flies over the weekend, but if i am not awarded that specific trip i want that weekend OFF. Do i put Award trip numbers first, then next line Prefer Off those dates?
Yes. Bid specific trip first, then Prefer Off.