Hawaiian buying Island Air Certificate

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Yes. It’s stated on the Careers page of Empire Airlines. Empire Airlines :: Ohana
I know a few pilots that flew at Ohana and left for Compass, Skywest or AQ Cargo, then got on with Hawaiian. They said there are a few that went directly from Ohana to HAL, but many get rejected. The word on the street was that HAL wants to see jet time.
Maybe that will change now that they have the WP certificate.
Quote: I know a few pilots that flew at Ohana and left for Compass, Skywest or AQ Cargo, then got on with Hawaiian. They said there are a few that went directly from Ohana to HAL, but many get rejected. The word on the street was that HAL wants to see jet time.
Maybe that will change now that they have the WP certificate.
The people that go straight from Ohana to Hawaiian probably have previous mainland/jet time as well.
Dec. class had 1 from Ohana, 3 from Compass, 3 from Island Air out of 14 newhires.
What airplanes did the class get?
Quote: Dec. class had 1 from Ohana, 3 from Compass, 3 from Island Air out of 14 newhires.
actually a reliable source said it is 4 from Island Air
I see a lot of people mentioning Compass. Any reason why Compass and not any other regional?
My mistake, it is 4 from WP.
Compass and Skywest seem to supply a lot of the new hires, many from Compass are Hawaii residents.
Pilots from HI pick Compass over the others because they can get LAX as a base right out of training and they guaranteed to fly E175
What's the status of Hawaiian purchasing the Island Air certificate? Last I heard was a court hearing on January 5th and the price to buy the certificate decreased. Haven't heard anything since then.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to