Minimum flight time allowable for a line at SKW

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Can anyone tell me what is the minimum flight time you can bid or fly and hold a line at SKW ?
Quote: Can anyone tell me what is the minimum flight time you can bid or fly and hold a line at SKW ?
75/80 (RJ/EMB) hours is the min that PBS will schedule for a line holder. Most lines are up around 85-90 hours. Once your line is created you can try to drop trips down to a min of, I think, about 59 hours? Once below 59 (?) hours you’re no longer eligible for benefits. Also, if you drop trips and end up below 75 hours then you will no longer be paid your 75/80 (RJ/EMB) hour guarantee, you get paid what you work.

Why? You want to be an airline pilot but don’t want to work?
Thanks

Just curious thats all, trying to learn all I can.
Quote: Also, if you drop trips and end up below 75 hours then you will no longer be paid your 75/80 (RJ/EMB) hour guarantee, you get paid what you work.
thats strange, so if you drop below 75 thats all you get? We have lines that are 45 hours (high speeds) but you still get the guarantee, usually more than guarantee as for as credit is concerned. am i reading what you are saying wrong?
Oh ya, also, if PBS gives you anything below 75 (RJ) or 80 (Bro) hours, scheduling will just stick a trip in the middle of your days off wherever they feel like. Isn't that just peachy?
Quote: thats strange, so if you drop below 75 thats all you get? We have lines that are 45 hours (high speeds) but you still get the guarantee, usually more than guarantee as for as credit is concerned. am i reading what you are saying wrong?
You are reading it wrong...

If you are awarded an 85 hour line, and intentionally drop trips below 75 hours so you can have more time off, you are not guaranteed 75 hours, only those hours that YOU chose to keep on your schedule. Otherwise I'd drop ALL of my flying every month and use my travel bennies to bounce around the world...living off my 75 hour guarantee.

If you are awarded a line that is less than 75, you still get the guarantee.
Quote: You are reading it wrong...

If you are awarded an 85 hour line, and intentionally drop trips below 75 hours so you can have more time off, you are not guaranteed 75 hours, only those hours that YOU chose to keep on your schedule. Otherwise I'd drop ALL of my flying every month and use my travel bennies to bounce around the world...living off my 75 hour guarantee.

If you are awarded a line that is less than 75, you still get the guarantee.
ok, so its once you have been given a line and you drop the hours that you arent eligible for guarantee. sounds better. cant remember our contract exactly but i don't think you can drop trips below your guarantee here.
Quote: Oh ya, also, if PBS doesn't give you anything below 75 (RJ) or 80 (Bro) hours, scheduling will just stick a trip in the middle of your days off wherever they feel like. Isn't that just peachy?
If you don't have the seniority to get 75 hours it means you are not a line holder...you either go on reserve or they can build you a mixed line. Reserve days are not "Your Days Off".

I don't know of any airlinee that just gives you time off if you can't hold a line...they will all put your @ss on reserve
Quote: If you don't have the seniority to get 75 hours it means you are not a line holder...you either go on reserve or they can build you a mixed line. Reserve days are not "Your Days Off".

I don't know of any airlinee that just gives you time off if you can't hold a line...they will all put your @ss on reserve
I worded it wrong. It has nothing to do with reserve.

If the line you get has, say 78:30 hours (assuming you are on the Bro), during the bull$hit transition period, scheduling sticks a trip (or part of one) on days off to make sure you have over 80 hours. That's bull$hit if you ask me. It's happened to my fiancee every time he had anything under 80 hours. This last bid he had 79:30 and they gave him a 2 day (on Easter of course) during the "transition period" that brought him up to almost 90:00. WTF is the point of PBS then? I think it's time for a union over there. Oh wait! Maybe he can get a hold of SAPA and they will take care of it. NOT!
Quote: I worded it wrong. It has nothing to do with reserve.

If the line you get has, say 78:30 hours (assuming you are on the Bro), during the bull$hit transition period, scheduling sticks a trip (or part of one) on days off to make sure you have over 80 hours. That's bull$hit if you ask me. It's happened to my fiancee every time he had anything under 80 hours. This last bid he had 79:30 and they gave him a 2 day (on Easter of course) during the "transition period" that brought him up to almost 90:00. WTF is the point of PBS then? I think it's time for a union over there. Oh wait! Maybe he can get a hold of SAPA and they will take care of it. NOT!
SAPA AWSOME!!!! How can we say anything else? After all without SAPA we wouldn't have our new industry leading pay, Mgmnt would be able to force things like PBS and changes to QOL over night on us. I love SAPA! LOL!!!!

SAPA AN "F"ing JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to