Pacific Wings info

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
It looks like Pacific Wings won the EAS for several New Mexico cities.

Anybody know anything about them? I haven't been able to find anything other than their web site.

Anybody?

Also, I can't figure out if their working under 135 or 121.
Run Like Hell!!!
I should expand on that. From what I understand you sign a contract that requires you to toss bags and check people in to their flights. Occasionally you will get to fly right seat on the Caravan. I guess you can log that as SIC time, but I am not sure what you gain from it. With the hiring minimums the way they are now, I would say hold out for something else.
I'm not interested in flying for them, I'm just interested in finding some intel. on/about them.

Desert, where did you find your info? What are their mins?

Thanks
Quote: I'm not interested in flying for them, I'm just interested in finding some intel. on/about them.

Desert, where did you find your info? What are their mins?

Thanks
I saw this on another forum of similar nature.
Quote: I'm not interested in flying for them, I'm just interested in finding some intel. on/about them.
GOOD. I can go on for pages detailing the horrors (from actual experience), but will spare you since you're not interested in working for them anyway. They run under 135 and I believe the stated mins are still at 400 TT for customer service agent aka SICs... but they take people with a fresh commercial.
They only hire people inbetween 400-1100 hours got that from climbto350.com. They require you sign a contract you will work some odd job for minimum wage 3-4 days a week. Then the other 3 days you sit reserve and pick up some time. Takes about 2 years to upgrade to captain for them cause you hardly fly. They are a terrible place to work cause I have heard that if you quit they will go after you for the contract. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
How can you log SIC time in a Caravan? Did Pacific Wings find some loophole in the FARs? Wouldn't surprise me with what I have heard about them.
I don't know a bunch about EAS contracts, but I am suprised that a 135 op could win one. Maybe my thinking is off, but it seems a bit strange.

Kalyx, I take it you took that plunge at some point in your dark past?

Dido FlyIFR!
Have not really got a confirmation on this but heard from numerous people on here that if its written in a companies ops specs that 2 pilots are required then you are able to log it as SIC. Still have never asked the
FAA but maybe I should give them a call aboutthat. Does anyone else think that 9 pasengers on a caravan is kinda scary.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to