LAX commuter hotels

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Anyone know of any good commuter hotels in the LAX area. Thanks...
Quote: Anyone know of any good commuter hotels in the LAX area. Thanks...

The Hacienda works well...
Hacienda rocks.

GREAT diner. Try the mexican food.
The elevators and hallways smell like ****, and the patrons look like they were kicked out of drug rehab.....but the bar is ok...
if you have it in your bank go to the Westin....
Quote: Anyone know of any good commuter hotels in the LAX area. Thanks...
If Hacienda is full, and you have no bank money, try Howard Johnson's nearest LAX (forgot the street, north of the airport). The airline crew rate is 49 during week and 55 on weekend. If you are a FedEx guy, will need to get a cab unless you have a car; they only have transpo to the terminals.

Cleaner than Hacienda, but not as convienient.
Slightly off the topic.

But do any LAX based FX guys know of any crashpads?
Thanks....
I do the Hacienda. The rooms suck, the bar sucks, but the rate is good, around 50, so you gotta put things in perspective. I park on the street as they charge for parking. I go to Starbucks or the Bad Dawg in El Segundo for internet, as they charge for internet. Depends on which room you get but sometimes you can get a free hit off of something for wireless. Staff is nice and the lobby is nice. Good transportation to the airport. Thanks for the advice on HoJo's, I'll give it a try.
Don't forget all those Lan Chile flight attendants in the lobby.....
Quote:
Also there's a Starbucks across the street. Starbucks coffee is horrid; they over-roast the beans and it tastes burnt...but their scones are pretty good.

Ralph's grocery store is there too. The location is great in general- if you have a day to kill, the beach is close, and there's a group that does hang gliding down there.
On the opposite corner is a "strip-mall" of sorts with a myriad of fast-food selections. If you've got the time and energy fro something better, walk a block north (just past Carl's Jr.) and try Stick & Stein. Great food, lots of TVs, and about 2 dozen different beers on tap.

1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to