Southern Air 737

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I have an interview coming up with Southern Air for a 737 position. I have a few questions and I was wondering if someone would be able to answer them.

1. How many hours block does one fly a month? Can you break guarantee?

2. How long is a new hire expecting to sit reserve?
I recently took a 737 FO on our JS from IAH to CVG.

After the exchange of pleasantries- the pilot said he was going on 17 days of night flying and had to JS back into CVG for more fun. No catering, no gateway, no hotels, no nothing.

I would say the 737 for southern has to be the worst flying job in aviation.

If a job is what you need. Go to eagle, or PSA get a flow through, and hey- you may even find the occasional FA to keep you warm.
Quote: I have an interview coming up with Southern Air for a 737 position. I have a few questions and I was wondering if someone would be able to answer them.

1. How many hours block does one fly a month? Can you break guarantee?
Never ever!

2. How long is a new hire expecting to sit reserve?
You will be on reserve and a line call it composite line
I was there for 2 years before Atlas bought it, Upgrade was 4 months, because S9 was going to bring 3 more airplanes.. now not sure.

good luck !but I quit that place and came back to fly my Regional and being based home.. you can beat that.

Good Luck!
About 35hrs in 18 days. No, you will never make over guarantee.

Recently, some 777 FOs have bid 737 Cpt. My opinion, they did so to the-hack their PIC recency block to more easily move on.

Do yourself a favor, chose ANY other airline.
Don’t do it.
The contract they work under is horrible. Way worse than the Atlas contract and it’s very bad. Just because Atlas & Polar are negotiating a contract doesn’t mean Southern will get one too. Apply elsewhere. You will not be happy. Did you even read their profile? It says in black & white you will not break guarantee. You have to have a crash pad.
Thank you so much guys. I’m trying to get my total time up as fast as possible. 35 hrs a month won’t cut it, even if it is in a 737.
Yeah definitely go to a regional. Even at Atlas some guys are considering going back to a regional! With bonuses and quick upgrades you can almost make the same money...
Quote: Yeah definitely go to a regional. Even at Atlas some guys are considering going back to a regional! With bonuses and quick upgrades you can almost make the same money...
Yea I’m at a regional right now flying turboprops, I can get about 100 hrs a month here. I was hoping for some Boeing time. But if the QOL is that poor then it isn’t worth it.
If you want some 73 time consider one of the 121 supps: Miami Air, Swift, Xtra.
pretty sure the $$ is better than Southern for flying a 737. You will be gone just about as much, but at least it's not dead of the night flying
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to