Can lineholders drop trips?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
If so, how far down can you drop?

How "little" can you fly?

Will a cash bonus help (like i'll pay you $1000 to pick up my trip)?

TIA.

F/A’s do that. Pilots don’t.

But junior trips are tough to get rid off. Senior turns? They might go in a heartbeat.
Quote: If so, how far down can you drop?

How "little" can you fly?

Will a cash bonus help (like i'll pay you $1000 to pick up my trip)?

TIA.
You can offer money if you use litesabre, and that’s what it’d probably take to drop a trip as a jr lineholder. $1,000 would probably get it done too. Highest Ive seen offered is $250...
1000 would definitely get it done!

Just be sure and pay as agreed.

We had a couple of turds at our regional who would totally welch on folks who did them a solid. No bueno.

(One I am thinking of had a CJO at SWA withdrawn because a victim of his welching knew someone who knew someone.)
If you use litesabre it has to be paid.
Schooled. Didn't know that Litesabre had the cash for trips option.
Quote: Schooled. Didn't know that Litesabre had the cash for trips option.
Yea I've seen as much as $500 offered before.
I'm a junior LAX 320 lineholder (~65%) and Ive been dropping almost everything except for holiday trips. After clearing my schedule as much as I can, usually I pick up out of base trips in DFW (where I live), but sometimes I rebuild with good LAX trips that appear in open time. I just drop the green trips (if any), post all the red ones to automatically drop if someone else wants them or if they turn green, and then trade the others around as much as possible until something turns green or I can get trips that fit together well enough to minimize my commutes. It's not too hard, but can take a few minutes each day to check what trades are available since it continuously changes.
I guess it depends on your base.
In CLT, if you have a trip that touches a weekend it can be very difficult to drop. A 4 day weekend is even hard to trade out of.

(And yes, I have litesabre auto trade setup with all kinds of trades)
The little known trick is to be available when TTOT opens on the 24th of each month. Within the first hour of trading, the red/green lights are confused and take a while to catch up.

So, what I do is take that first hour and trade as many trips as I can for other trips (doesn’t matter what the other trips look like.) Once the trade goes through, an immediate HISEQ on the new trip usually yields a Green light and it gets dropped. Rinse and repeat for all other trips until you drop to where you want.

However, after around an hour or so, the lights catchup and everything stays red.

Been doing this for months with my NY schedule and rebuilding with out of base make up. I don’t even bother setting up Lite Sabre since I can do trades/drops way faster than it can.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to