Navy Helo Pilot to ARNG

Subscribe
Hello,

I'm currently an AD Navy helo pilot. I have about 3+ years left on my initial commitment and I'd like to transfer over to the ARNG in either Alabama/Florida when my time is up, active if possible. However, I can't find anyone who has made this jump (everyone seems to go Navy Reserve or Coast Guard).

I was wondering who is best to talk to, a recruiter or take a drive up to the unit and stop in one day? Any advice from anyone that has done this, such as how feasible is it?
There might be something up your alley, sending you a pm
if you want to stay flying helos, that's a good option. Also consider the Air National Guard, they have a variety of units that fly helos.

Consider a fixed wing transition. Not sure what your long range goals are, but I know a couple of pure helo background guys who've been picked up by various fixed wing Air Guard units. If you want to go to the airlines, it is an easier way to get into fixed wing. Although you won't build hours super fast, compared to a helo transition offered by a regional.

Of course, if you want to be a help guy for life, it's a good deal! And helos are, by far, the most fun aircraft to fly!
If you already know what unit(s) you'd be interested in, call them and find out when they drill and stop by. Ask to speak to their S3 (OPSO) and schedule some time to speak with them. Wish you were looking at units in CA. We are hurting for pilots. We are currently about 40 pilots short state-wide and bout to transition to the M model. Good Luck!
Quote: Hello,

I'm currently an AD Navy helo pilot. I have about 3+ years left on my initial commitment and I'd like to transfer over to the ARNG in either Alabama/Florida when my time is up, active if possible. However, I can't find anyone who has made this jump (everyone seems to go Navy Reserve or Coast Guard).

I was wondering who is best to talk to, a recruiter or take a drive up to the unit and stop in one day? Any advice from anyone that has done this, such as how feasible is it?
PM me. I can get you in contact with the accessions gurus who do these packets.

Cheers,
G