Headset for the E175

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
A20 with the 6 pin ANR plug.
Anyone have any insight on the Bose QC25 iflyMike adapter and if it is worth the money. Even if it is not TSO'd!
Quote: Anyone have any insight on the Bose QC25 iflyMike adapter and if it is worth the money. Even if it is not TSO'd!

I use it and I love it! Super light weight, and good battery life only using 1 AAA battery. And works great if you need to commute or deadhead, just remove the mic attachment.
We don't require headsets to be TSO, recent change.
Thanks everyone!
Quote: We don't require headsets to be TSO, recent change.
Really? I find 2 spots in the latest version of the FOM where it says the headset must be TSO'd. 6-6-2 (page 186) and 9-5-3 (page 506)

"All flight crewmembers (flight deck) are required to wear and
use a TSO approved headset with a boom microphone (unless
any or all portions of the headset system is deferred per the
MEL) when operating Compass aircraft below 18,000’ MSL"

"Note: Headsets must be an aviation unit with a FAA TSO. NonTSO’d
headsets may be the wrong impedance and could inadvertently
allow complete volume shutoff."

Unless there's been a change that supersedes the FOM, it sounds like the TSO is a requirement still (per the FOM).

That being said, I use the UFlyMike Harmony QC25 and love it. The headset is incredibly lightweight, comfortable, and quiet (and it sounds like it will be TSO'd, but it's technically not yet TSO'd). Definitely more quiet than the QC15, which I also have used in the 175. Since the QC15 was TSO'd (albeit with TSO'd earbuds), I see no reason why the QC25 should have any difficulties becoming TSO'd, I don't personally have any problems wearing it in the meantime.

I've worn it on my FAA Fed ride and line checks and never had anyone say a word about it. If anyone does, I'll just apologize and use the spare headset in the plane so we're legal.
Quote: "Note: Headsets must be an aviation unit with a FAA TSO. NonTSO’d
headsets may be the wrong impedance and could inadvertently
allow complete volume shutoff."
Purely a spectator here, but things like this makes me furrow my brow a bit. Like the eternal debate facial hair/no facial hair on quick-donning oxygen masks, it seem someone made a rule on the most extreme contingency. But it sounds like no one really cares. I doubt anyone is going to check a clarity aloft or ufly/nflight to see if it's got the little TSO stuff.
Yeah I've used the Uflymike with feds onboard twice, with line check airmen, literally nobody cares. Use whatever headset you want.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to