Headset for the E175

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I currently use a LightSpeed Zulu headset and figure I’m going to have to trade it out for a TSO’d headset.

Trying to get an idea of what headsets you guys use and works best in the E175, especially the Clarity Aloft.

Thanks!
Bose qc15 and u fly. Qc25 and u fly, clarity aloft, and Bose a20s are what I see most. Some telex, Some lightspeeds. All work fine. I prefer Bose with u fly. It doubles as a media/workout headset, as well as noise cancelling for those loud hotels. Don't think anyone has been hassled ever about TSO. If it's a known headset brand, you are good.
Quote: I currently use a LightSpeed Zulu headset and figure I’m going to have to trade it out for a TSO’d headset.

Trying to get an idea of what headsets you guys use and works best in the E175, especially the Clarity Aloft.

Thanks!
I use a david clark from 1997, got it from a CFI in 2005, broke in 2015, rebuilt by David Clark for $90 bucks. It has one volume knob. Works great
https://www.amazon.com/David-Clark-E...id+clark+pro+x

works great, super comfortable, light weight and a few hundred $ less than a pair of Bose A20's.
I like the ProX, been using them in singles and the Baron. Only imagine they're even better in a quiet(er) jet.
Quote: I currently use a LightSpeed Zulu headset and figure I’m going to have to trade it out for a TSO’d headset.

Thanks!
You dont have trade it out for a tso'ed set. Nobody will hassle you.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks!
I prefer the Clarity. I would only buy a new headset if you want a new headset. TSO-spec is a policy that is written in a book, and basically ends there. Reality is the majority fly around non-TSO.
I flew with a Lightspeed Zulu for a few years, non-TSO'd, had Feds on the the jump numerous times and not one ever asked to see it so honestly I wouldn't worry about it. That being said I now have a DC Pro X and it is the best headset I have ever used in a decade of professional flying. Takes up a lot less room in my bag too.
If anyone tries to sell you that quiet comfort/ clarity aloft story, don’t buy it. Every LA guy I fly with is raving about that and 95% of them have to hold their mics with their free hand when they talk, only to have it cut out or physically swing 2 inches away when they let go.
I appreciate all the input guys. I look forward to seeing you all on the line.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to