14) 757 sdf
15) 747 anc
16) 747 anc
17) md anc
18) md anc
19) a300 sdf
20) a300 sdf
21) a300 sdf
Sorry if it’s been asked before, but what does the Z signify ?
Quote: Sorry if it’s been asked before, but what does the Z signify ?

Z = SDFZ 757 = Louisville-based 757 International...which means Europe, Asia, Mexico, Canada, and plenty of domestic US too.
Thanks a lot Boiler!
A300?
Does the A300 do any international trips these days? Is the roster generally not as desirable on the A300? Just curious as it looks like it went last choice for the class for the most part.
Quote: Does the A300 do any international trips these days? Is the roster generally not as desirable on the A300? Just curious as it looks like it went last choice for the class for the most part.
Probably because it's an old Airbus... That being said I'd love to be flying anything for UPS!
Quote: Does the A300 do any international trips these days? Is the roster generally not as desirable on the A300? Just curious as it looks like it went last choice for the class for the most part.
MTY and GDL in Mexico and a few cities in Canada.

Junior schedules on the bus are arguably the worst.

Also not very glamorous/sexy.
I think many newhires want to fly international which is why the MD and Z go senior; also going 757 gives one more options for changing domiciles.

LeBus is slow and not exactly pretty to look at...but the loo isn't in the cockpit, jumpseaters aren't crammed behind the crew, and there's room for everybody's bags up top. Unfortunately, ya gotta take getting made fun of by people that sleep on the floor with their head in a lav...
Quote: MTY and GDL in Mexico and a few cities in Canada.

Junior schedules on the bus are arguably the worst.

Also not very glamorous/sexy.
Pay is the same fleet wide, “worst” is subjective. The Bus is slow so we rarely cross the entire continent every night of the trip, that works for me.

Quote: I think many newhires want to fly international which is why the MD and Z go senior; also going 757 gives one more options for changing domiciles.

LeBus is slow and not exactly pretty to look at...but the loo isn't in the cockpit, jumpseaters aren't crammed behind the crew, and there's room for everybody's bags up top. Unfortunately, ya gotta take getting made fun of by people that sleep on the floor with their head in a lav...
Spot on, I like not having to wipe a jumpseater’s drool off my shoulder! And if anybody senior to me makes fun of the Bus I tell them don’t bid it!

A Bus Captain friend recently had to sit the sort, it was the first time he had done that since the room reservation system was instituted and he does NOT bid reserve.
Quote: Probably because it's an old Airbus... That being said I'd love to be flying anything for UPS!
Ours are only 12-18 years old. Quite new compared to the 757s we have. It’s quiet, comfortable, and easy to fly and UPS wishes they had gotten the full order.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to