New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
38  88  128  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  148  188  238 
Page 138 of 395
Go to
Yes, a degree is all but required.

UAL does not require it because they have, in the past, been under an EEOC hiring dictate. The official minimums are absurdly low to meet that old law suit. It allows them flexibility to perhaps hire a more diverse group.
How long from finding out I have the job
till day 1 of class?
Quote: How long from finding out I have the job
till day 1 of class?
6 weeks give or take.
Is it difficult to drop trips from a line or reserve to regularly get 14d off in a row? If impossible, would 10 be plausible?

How much does seniority influence the ability to drop trips?

Is there a minimum required to fly on a monthly basis to maintain insurance coverage?

Basically I’m trying to ascertain whether it’s possible to be part time and improve QOL.

Thank you for replies.
Quote: Is it difficult to drop trips from a line or reserve to regularly get 14d off in a row? If impossible, would 10 be plausible?

Is there a minimum required to fly on a monthly basis to maintain insurance coverage?

Basically I’m trying to ascertain whether it’s possible to be part time and improve QOL.

Thank you for replies.
seniority based. Tough to drop reserve days unless your seat is way over staffed. Dropping trips is more likely, but still seniority based and dependent on staffing.

see above

No

it is possible, but probably not as a new hire. You have a better chance of being on reserve and not getting called
Quote: Is it difficult to drop trips from a line or reserve to regularly get 14d off in a row? If impossible, would 10 be plausible?

Thank you for replies.
Probably depends on what your fleet/base specifically, but as a junior NB lineholder it is difficult to drop trips. It also changes with the time of year. In the summer when schedules are filled with minimum days off, it is near impossible. There are ways to get more days off by trading into trips with fewer days that have lower reserve coverage, although I’m oversimplifying it slightly.
Graduated with a 1.78 GPA from HS worked as a blue collar worker for 5 years decided I needed to improve my situation. Applied and got excepted at ERAU (I was alive and breathing) knocked it out in 29 months. BS in AirSci minor in Met plus an internship my last semester graduated with a 3.64...if I can hold my nose and do it, anyone can! Get the dam degree!
I just put in my app this week. I’ve only got 1800 hours TT, but I have about 1400 turbine time. All my turbine time has come part 135. How important is the 121 box and is 2500-3000 hours most realistic for a call back?
thanks
Quote: I just put in my app this week. I’ve only got 1800 hours TT, but I have about 1400 turbine time. All my turbine time has come part 135. How important is the 121 box and is 2500-3000 hours most realistic for a call back?
thanks
How much of that is PIC?
Quote: I just put in my app this week. I’ve only got 1800 hours TT, but I have about 1400 turbine time. All my turbine time has come part 135. How important is the 121 box and is 2500-3000 hours most realistic for a call back?
thanks
Every box counts but some are bigger than others. Will you have better career progression at your current job or jumping over to get 121 time? Career progression meaning - upgrades/LCA/Chief Pilot/Director of Ops etc. Those likely would count more than simply getting 121 time.
38  88  128  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  148  188  238 
Page 138 of 395
Go to