ATP CTP for New Hires

Subscribe
Can you share what to expect from their ATP CTP course?

Does the new hire have to pay for this course?

Do you learn much or is it just a review for the ATP written?

ATP CTP Instructors - Horizon pilots or young CFI's just reading a slide or sheet of paper?

Thank you in advance !
If you go to Dallas at L3 you'll get some good experienced instructors. You won't learn anything there for your written test though, it's not going to prepare you for that. Just study Shepard air. And actually no need to overachieve either, my examiner didn't look at the score at all. You can't fail the sim nor the internal written test, just have fun. QX paid for it but you don't get paid
Quote: QX paid for it but you don't get paid
This changed recently. Either my class or the one before mine started getting paid minimum training pay from day 1 of CTP. A QX rep meets new hires down there to do the basic employment verification stuff so that this happens.
Quote:
This changed recently. Either my class or the one before mine started getting paid minimum training pay from day 1 of CTP. A QX rep meets new hires down there to do the basic employment verification stuff so that this happens.
I went to Orlando down in Florida. And as trc said you do get paid for it. I personally just filled out an I-9 form saying I was good to work in the US and I am getting minimum hours pay throughout this whole process. Also, ATP CTP is useless preparing you for the written. You get little nuggets of info here and there but it doesn't prepare you. Just use Sheppard Air and you'll do fine. QX doesn't pay for Sheppard but they do pay for everything else. My ATP instructor was a retired 737 capt who just read off info from a slideshow that L3 made. Hope this helps!