ERJ Reserve Flying

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Wondering what the current reserve timelines are for the ERJ and about how much flying is everyone doing while on reserve? I'm hearing stories that some folks are holding a line after 2-3 months and other stories where people are 6-7 months in and still in reserve with 0 hours of flying per month. Just trying to set expectation management.
It varies by month and base of course. I just hit my 1 year mark and since I’m a picky bidder I got long call. If I didn’t bid long call in layer 7 probably would have gotten a line? Personal situation due to traffic I can’t get AM reserve. I’m 65% in base. Bids to layer 6 went to 70%. It worked for December and January got a line. Not for February.

So long story short. It depends on a lot of factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your going to sit reserve for awhile. Right now, most junior reserve guys are flying about 1-7 days per month. Long call might be getting more than that. I flew 5 days in January, 4 days in December and 1 day in November. The 1 day in November was flying i picked up on a day off. That is about par with the rest of the recent new hires.
Had to factor in How 42 new aircraft in 9 months will effect reserve time... but thats the game of Airline flying. Get use to it...
Quote: Your going to sit reserve for awhile. Right now, most junior reserve guys are flying about 1-7 days per month. Long call might be getting more than that. I flew 5 days in January, 4 days in December and 1 day in November. The 1 day in November was flying i picked up on a day off. That is about par with the rest of the recent new hires.
Is this holding true for all bases? I'm retiring military and live in SAN. While the SAN base for OO is attractive, I would like to be flying also.... Thanks for the help!
You can select “call first” and you can probably fly more than I did. Because I enjoy getting paid to not come into work.

If you live in base and can drive to work in under 2 hrs it’s really not bad.

I prefer long call so I can plan on a day of riding bikes or sailing but to each their own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Is this holding true for all bases? I'm retiring military and live in SAN. While the SAN base for OO is attractive, I would like to be flying also.... Thanks for the help!
San is going to see some more growth so likely short reserve for the next while.
Same question for CRJ in ATL?
Quote: Same question for CRJ in ATL?
You will fly. And fly. and Fly.

Experience the thrill of pushing the limits of maximum monthly block.
How long to hold LAX and what are reserve times looking like at mo?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to