FAA medical doctor in Honolulu

Subscribe
anyone use Dr Lam for first class medical?
I heard he uses a wall chart for the eye test instead of the desk top eye test machine. Can anyone confirm that?
Quote: anyone use Dr Lam for first class medical?

I heard he uses a wall chart for the eye test instead of the desk top eye test machine. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes I can confirm last year I went and it was off the wall . I only go to this guy and fly across the pond to do so. Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Yes I can confirm last year I went and it was off the wall . I only go to this guy and fly across the pond to do so. Highly recommended

thanks

check your PM
I had an a extrememly professional and very through exam by Dr Lam. PM me for details.

If you can fly across the pond for exams there is an outstanding one Miami (Alan Siefert) and Anchorage (ATP Medical).
??????
I just went last week and it was the desktop machine? maybe i got special treatment

Quote: Yes I can confirm last year I went and it was off the wall . I only go to this guy and fly across the pond to do so. Highly recommended

Quote: ??????
I just went last week and it was the desktop machine? maybe i got special treatment
did you use the wall chart in the past?
heard a lot of guys use Dr Keller in Kailua.
I never went to him, maybe someone else can chime in about him.
Keller
I use Keller in Kailua. He's in his 80's but really, really sharp, very fair. I like him a lot. Eye exam for midrange was chart on wall. For near was machine.
I have been using Dr Keller for a few years. He is very fair. He will retire in a couple years, as previously stated, but is working on a replacement in house.

Quote: I use Keller in Kailua. He's in his 80's but really, really sharp, very fair. I like him a lot. Eye exam for midrange was chart on wall. For near was machine.
Went to Keller recently.
He uses the table top viewer for distance vision, and near vision.
Wall chart is for mid vision at 32 inches.

FYI: His machine is very old, IMHO the card with all the "c" on it that is used for distance vision test is faded and the letters are hard to see
Much easier to see 20/20 letters at my regular eye doctor with modern equipment.