Time building in Phoenix (KDVT)

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am currently a CFI at KDVT (600TT need 1,000TT) and am looking for opportunities to fly more. If anyone knows of any in the area, knows someone or wants to rent together let me know! Im mostly worried about multi time and cross country time so multi engine flying opportunities would be appreciated!
How do you like Deer Valley? Would you mind saying where you work.
Quote: How do you like Deer Valley? Would you mind saying where you work.
Love it! Everyday is flyable. The airport is challenging and VERY busy (17th busiest in the country) so it makes you a better pilot and also helps your ATC skills a lot! I work at Westwind Aviation. Great school, very friendly staff. Pay is quite a step up from my previous flight school in Ohio as well.
Quote: Love it! Everyday is flyable. The airport is challenging and VERY busy (17th busiest in the country) so it makes you a better pilot and also helps your ATC skills a lot! I work at Westwind Aviation. Great school, very friendly staff. Pay is quite a step up from my previous flight school in Ohio as well.
Not interested in their tour operation? Not multi-engine, but lots of XC?
Quote: Not interested in their tour operation? Not multi-engine, but lots of XC?
I can’t work both flight instructing and tours at the same time unfortunately. From what I heard they don’t get as much flight time as the instructors do and the instructors make a little more
Message me
I have a plane, also building time out of CHD. Maybe we could work something out. Ps can’t guarantee I know how to check dm’s if you message me lol
Quote: I have a plane, also building time out of CHD. Maybe we could work something out. Ps can’t guarantee I know how to check dm’s if you message me lol
That would be awesome! I'd like to talk to you more about this. I'll DM you and see if you can find it lol
How many hours are you getting at Westwind?
Quote: I can’t work both flight instructing and tours at the same time unfortunately. From what I heard they don’t get as much flight time as the instructors do and the instructors make a little more

When I was one of the Assistant Chief Flight Instuctors at Westwind from 2000-2004, I worked flight instructing during the weekdays and did their charter department flying the Caravan’s on the weekend. They won’t let you do that? I did it just fine and racked up a ton of time!
Quote: When I was one of the Assistant Chief Flight Instuctors at Westwind from 2000-2004, I worked flight instructing during the weekdays and did their charter department flying the Caravan’s on the weekend. They won’t let you do that? I did it just fine and racked up a ton of time!
I never asked but I will definitely give it a try. I thought I heard someone say you can't work for both companies but I would definitely do that if I would be able to!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to