Pre-Commercial Time Building

Subscribe
Hello my name is Jacob White and I am an aviation major at Oklahoma State University. I'm currently working on my Instrument Rating and hopefully will be taking my check ride in the near future. I was wondering what you guys did to build time as a low time pilot both before you got your commercial and after. Thanks for the help and blue skies to all.
Went to ATP, built my time on crew (40 hours) doing the safety pilot and PIC thing.

If I didnt go to ATP though, i would have probably split the cost with someone else... or rented a light sport and ran that into the ground since they are so cheap. Dont forget you can use 50 hours sim.
Quote: Hello my name is Jacob White and I am an aviation major at Oklahoma State University. I'm currently working on my Instrument Rating and hopefully will be taking my check ride in the near future. I was wondering what you guys did to build time as a low time pilot both before you got your commercial and after. Thanks for the help and blue skies to all.
Won't they put you through a Part 141 Commercial program at OSU?
Quote: Won't they put you through a Part 141 Commercial program at OSU?
The Flight Department is run as a Part 141 school and once I get my 1000 hours I'll receive me restricted ATP, but it's adding up to that thousand outside of the university that I was wondering that I could do.
Quote: The Flight Department is run as a Part 141 school and once I get my 1000 hours I'll receive me restricted ATP, but it's adding up to that thousand outside of the university that I was wondering that I could do.
Ah, well most people do flight instruction. US Aviation, and pretty much every flight school, is hiring.
Building time
Towed gliders
Civil Air Patrol
CFI

May consider a CFIS? http://airplanepilot.sportaviationce...ht-instructor/

Probably goes without saying Jacob but every time you fly, have an objective! ie: night time, xc-time, hood/instrument, G1000/glass cockpit. Opportunities presented themselves if I was qualified. I'm nothing special but every job/position I got was because the outfit hiring me needed a warm, qualified pilot yesterday. Also consider tailwheel endorsement, high performance endorsement, complex, high altitude endorsement, glider tow pilot endorsement, jump pilot, ferry pilot, banners, traffic, etc.
Try and find other student pilots time building for their CPL hour requirements and split the costs.
Time Building
I have an option for you, PM me for details.