jetBlue University new VP

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...sident-JetBlue

What's the skinny on this guy Shy? Typical ladder climber? He didn't have the right stuff for Alaska?
Well it seems like he had the right stuff for UAL if he spent 30 years there as a line pilot and then as VP Flight Ops.
Not too impressed. VX had a 'United guy bringin in a United guy' syndrome. SF was the COO/DO. Seemed like a nice guy but from the stories I heard inside, wasn't a pilots kinda guy especially when it came to pilot problem/issues. AS wasn't going to have him, neither the other United guy VP Flt Ops (BT) so both were gone at or before SOC date.
More ex UAL guys on board.

You know what that mean.......

Announcement on the 15th

(Sarcasm)
Former COO for Virgin America now here at JB? I give a year, maybe two til AS n JB announce plans to merge. Just too many coincidences.

If it walks like a duck,...
Quote: Former COO for Virgin America now here at JB? I give a year, maybe two til AS n JB announce plans to merge. Just too many coincidences.

If it walks like a duck,...
Or.... Maybe the guy was out of a job, has experience at a real airline and our operations almost literally couldn't get ANY WORSE???

I wonder if this new guy has any experience with operations or training programs that involve crossing large bodies of water, or even oceans, that may involve landings on a different continent than the departure gate?
Great... another MBA who hasn't done anything but manage (no innovation). I bet he is groomed to be CEO.
Quote: Great... another MBA who hasn't done anything but manage (no innovation). I bet he is groomed to be CEO.
While, I agree to a point, it looks like he was a CEO of a company that innovated RNAV tech. I might have read that wrong though, go easy on me here.

My bigger point, is at this point I struggle to see how someone could do a worse job than our current CEO. And to be honest I had high hopes for the current one over the last. So far, NOT impressed.

That could change if all the balls in the air right now land in the right places and we finally have some VISION and a credible PLAN for the future of this company. And contract. And operational excellence. And CBA. And ATC. And a contract!
[QUOTE=Bluedriver;2533509
That could change if all the balls in the air right now land in the right places and we finally have some VISION and a credible PLAN for the future of this company. And contract. And operational excellence. And CBA. And ATC. And a contract![/QUOTE]

Plan? Vision? Is there one?! I seriously have NO idea wtf this company’s vision is! Do they??!! Seems so just be status quo and slow growth?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to